I have also made some small fixes and modifications to the XBMCFlix to better suit my viewing habits. I have PMed these to Fekker a week back, but he seems to be MIA for a while, so I thought I would share these with the community as others may have some benefit from them.
Admittetly, my changes may not be the most graceful from a code perspective, but my goal was to modify as little of the original code as possible and simply either add one or two lines or make minor modifications to very small sections of code. I did not want to rewrite any entire routines.
The main "FIX" that my modification deals with is that I discovered that show episodes that have an apostrophe in the name (e.g. "How It's Made") get truncated to a "\" at the point of the apostrophe (e.g. "How It\"). In fixing that I discovered some issues where shows that are not in your Instant Queue may not properly display covers when looking in your rental history).
The other "MOD" that I made is that I am a big user of Rental History. I like how the Netflix site allows you to go to your Recently Watched and see them listed in chronological order. So, what I did was simply move the "Watched" menu from underneath "Rental History" to be inside the main "Instant" menu and call it "Recently Watched". I also launch the "Instant" menu at startup so that everything you need is on the initial menu. This does have the side effect of removing the "Disc by Mail" menu...so if you use XBMCFlix to view your Disc Queue, you may not want this option. Personally, I use the Webpage to manage my queue, so I don't miss this feature at all.
My modification also retrieves only the last 100 (instead of 500) shows in the Rental History. This is mostly for speed as it becomes almost instantaneous instead of having to wait ~3 seconds. Finally, my default search listing of the Recently Watched items is chronological just like on Netflix. This allows you to scroll through your most recently watched items first.
You can see a comparison of the original with my mod here
I needed to modify two files for these changes. These files will be in the /lib subdirectory of the add on:
The two files are iqueue.py
. You can simply backup and replace the original files with my modifications and then restart the plugin.
The download below has just the two files necessary. You can do a text search within the files for "bengalih" and you will find the lines of code that I changed.
Please note that these modifications are to the latest available plugin code. That plugin is referenced here
and I believe what everyone on Eden should now be using. You can probably easily adapt my code to other versions if necessary.
I take no credit for XBMCFlix code - just for these few, minor tweaks. Hopefully when Fekker gets back he can incorporate at least the Title fix, and perhaps add some code to incorporate these other mods as options.
Download REMOVED (see below)
The fix for the apostrophe's mentioned above may have only affected titles in the rental history and not the Instant queue. Playing around with it more I noticed that my modification may have altered the view of the title in the Instant queue depending on how your view was set. I have made another modification that should resolve those. There still appear to be some issues with parsing out properly various bits of data (in the original script). These are more apparent when looking at synopsis views...things like the Director, Writer, Run-time of a movie don't always seem to be properly displayed. I have a feeling that not a lot of QA was done with the Rental History section (probably because it wasn't considered as important as Instant Queue). I'm fairly confident that this latest mod only enhances the original and, although it does not fix all the display issues, I don't believe it causes any additional problems.
The above fixes for the queue issues have been incorporated into the latest version release by Fekker near the beginning of may (check posts in this thread near 5/5/12 for info). If you would still like your menu to show with the recently watched at the same level, you only need to replace your menu.py with the one from my mod. In other words, if you have the latest zip of XBMCFlicks, you should not need the iqueue.py file at all, and only use the meny.py if you would like the menu to be re-arranged as shown in the video.