• 21(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
Hi,

Been trying for HOURS and HOURS to get the remote working, but the same problem always happens. Same issues on WinXP and WIndows 7 64..

The remote pairs fine with Windows, and PS3BLu mote says connected.. However when I press a button on the remote, NOTHING happens. This is the same thing that happened for me with EventHost. I had a look at the BluMote log, and it keeps logging "Searcing for remote". Thats all it ever logs as well.

Any ideas?? Would GREATLY appreciate an end to this frustratyion Big Grin
Are you sure you are using the correct keys on the remote to pair?

Do you have a PS3 nearby?
VoxCommando.com
(2012-05-10, 14:23)jitterjames Wrote: Are you sure you are using the correct keys on the remote to pair?

Do you have a PS3 nearby?

Yip. {Start}+{Enter}

The pairing works 100% . New HID device is even registered in Windows. Just nothing happens after that. No matter what I press, no feedback is registered in PS3BluMote, or EventGhost for that matter.

Remote works fine with the PS3 tho (which I unplugged because it kept turning on Wink
Hmmm.. Really wierd.. Intelliremote picks up the events, but blumote and event ghost don't see it.. Think it has to do with pairing...
Have you got more than one application open at the same time? Ie PS3BluMote & Intelliremote.

(That includes any services they may run aswell)
Thanks so much for creating and sharing PS3BluMote, cheetah05. I helped my brother use it to get his PS3 remote working yesterday. After about 3 times of pairing the remote, the PBM tray icon turned blue and we were off mapping buttons. I'll be reminding him to leave you a donation.
(2012-06-03, 01:37)_matt_ Wrote: Thanks so much for creating and sharing PS3BluMote, cheetah05. I helped my brother use it to get his PS3 remote working yesterday. After about 3 times of pairing the remote, the PBM tray icon turned blue and we were off mapping buttons. I'll be reminding him to leave you a donation.

Glad you (eventually) got it working.

Best way to get in contact if anyone needs help is via the contact page on my website: Http://www.benbarron.com/contact
HI all,

Been using XBMC for ages now - have been using an app on my 'droid phone to control it - but I have to say the wifi was at best flakey, so I bought the (older) PS3 remote to use with it.

Paired fine - tried event ghost originally - but it would only accept the first input from the remote before erroring out with the same error someone else posted earlier.
Admitted defeat with EG - moved over here to PS3BM!

Looks simple enough - remapped the PS3 btn on the remote to launch the xbmc.exe, which works fine.

However, for some reason I cant get it to do *anything* inside XBMC itself - so simple I cant see what i'm missing!

XBMC sees my ir jeyboard fine - left cursor goes left, right cursor goes right etc, as expected.

Looking in PS3BM settings - left btn on the remote is mapped to the left cursor on the keyboard etc, but XBMC isnt having any of it...

Have switched XBMC's settings for "Full screen window vs real full screen", still no joy.

Infuriating - looks so simple I cant see where I'm going wrong! Wink

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

***************System Stats**************
Dell SX620 USFF PC
Windows 7
2TB HD
4 GB Ram
Hi guys,

"Physician, heal thy self!"

Fixed it - age old "cure all"; rebooted and it all worked fine! (Still no idea why, but "all's well that ends well"! )

Typical... Wink

Kudos and many thanks to Cheetah - great little tool Smile
***************System Stats**************
Dell SX620 USFF PC
Windows 7
2TB HD
4 GB Ram
I need help, I have the new ps3 remote. I am able to pair the remote but it disappears from "Devices and Printers" folder a few seconds after it finishes installing drivers. I tried pressing the "PS" button(also tried holding for a few seconds) but it doesn't show up again in "Devices and Printers" or "Bluetooth Devices". I tried this on my desktop and laptop both are running Windows 7 64bit, is anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: Not sure what I did but it works now, only problem is now i can't turn it off

Edit 2: i figured it out after I press TV under Devices the Bluetooth auto turns off/disconnects after a few minutes

Edit 3: never mind it doesn't turn off, only way for me to disconnect is to disable "drivers for keyboards..." under bluetooth services

brand new batteries dead in less than a week, any suggestions?
I seem to have a problem too. It stops working after a minute or two. I need to take out a battery and put it back in for it to work. The ps3blumote app says that the battery is 60% so i guess thats not it (but its only like 2 weeks old so it drained really fast!
anyone try the ps3remotesleep program on windows 8?
tested and working in a virtual environment...
Does anyone have a mirror link to download PS3BluMote? I just reinstalled windows and now I cannot find the installation file online. Looks like benbarrons site is down :/. http://benbarron.com/applications
Hi,

I noticed the same. benbarron.com is down since a couple of days. Could someone please upload the latest ps3blumote install file?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4