Missing GUI options- Library after Update
Updated Yesterday Frodo 12.2 - 13 GIT (Manual XBMC update using Auto Update addon)
Skin: Confluence
mysql 5.6
2 Machines Running Exact Same Update (one win7 Starter #2 Win 7 Home Premium)
After Update Library - Clean \ Export & Import Options Missing in GUI
I noticed this because Video\Music Library will not display on Main menu
Can't Change Content\Source in either Library
I'm a total Noob with mysql - It worked fine for the last few months
Odd thing is that they did show up (movie\music thumbs) on main menu yesterday but will not today
I would post an error log but I dont have any errors.
I could run a debug log on each machine after scanning in music library (it will scan on win 7 HomePremium Server) if that woudl help to troubleshoot
Using SMB share also (just set it up to see if they woudl display)
Im not sure if I have DB corruption or if both sources shouldnt be used at same time but the problem existed before I set up SMB later this morning after the discovery.
source.xml is same on each machine as are advancedsettings.xml
Any help would be appreciated in advance
see left hand side menu.
You upgraded to XBMC 13-alpha ?

There is currently a settings refactor in progress for XBMC 13.0-alpha versions which means that the settings are set up in different groups that can be enabled from the left menu.
I would advise against upgrading to XBMC 13.0-alpha unless you are comfortable with rapid changes and sometimes a broken system.

XBMC 12.2 is the current stable version.

More information on the refactor can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163867
(2013-05-15, 14:53)spiff Wrote: see left hand side menu.

Left Hand Side Menu?
This One?

(2013-05-15, 14:58)Kibje Wrote: You upgraded to XBMC 13-alpha ?

There is currently a settings refactor in progress for XBMC 13.0-alpha versions which means that the settings are set up in different groups that can be enabled from the left menu.
I would advise against upgrading to XBMC 13.0-alpha unless you are comfortable with rapid changes and sometimes a broken system.

I guess the update tool does the most recent, not stable...uugh.
I still don't see the menu settings on the side. Oddly enough it worked all day after upgrade, I got up today and poof, it was gone...
I am unable to find how to "downgrade" as an update without resetting everything (reinstall) - any help would be appreciated.
And, is this the menu you are talking about? I dont see library settings there...
(2013-05-15, 14:58)Kibje Wrote: You upgraded to XBMC 13-alpha ?

I see, even this (from your LINK)
They didn't vanish, they are hidden because the default setting level is "Standard" and the passthrough settings are only visible on level "Advanced" and "Expert". In Confluence there's a new sidebar in the settings view where you can change the level.
Doesn't exist on my 13Alpha for Windows...
Now I gotta figure how to load 12.2 since I deleted my backup since this ran all day great yesterday on 2 different machines...
You are running Windows right ?

Uninstall XBMC from Add/Remove programs.
Install XBMC 12.2, can be downloaded here: http://xbmc.org/download/

If you want to be superdupersafe backup your %appdata%/XBMC folder before you start, although this folder should not b touched when uninstalling.
(2013-05-15, 15:49)Kibje Wrote: You are running Windows right ?

Uninstall XBMC from Add/Remove programs.
Install XBMC 12.2, can be downloaded here: http://xbmc.org/download/

If you want to be superdupersafe backup your %appdata%/XBMC folder before you start, although this folder should not b touched when uninstalling.

Learned something new today that actually explains another issue I had. Thank you I thought that if I uninstalled xbmc, everything would go along with it! Thanks! In process right now...
easy to switch back\over to 12.2 Frodo and everything works fine except- movie and music library scan, content selection etc...seems like the 13 Gotham disease has followed me...uugh. Any ideas?
Crash Log LINK
Debug Log LINK
Export of Music \ Video Files doesn't do anything.
I made the logs above while trying to update\scan both movies and Video as well as export one of them.
(2013-05-15, 18:37)xdamageincx Wrote: Crash Log LINK
Debug Log LINK
Export of Music \ Video Files doesn't do anything.
I made the logs above while trying to update\scan both movies and Video as well as export one of them.
BUMP - Anyone have any idea? I have reinstalled a few times to no avail
You have issues with the mysql setup, the database is not having you connect.

You use mysql 5.6 which is known to have issues which is why there is a big warning on the wiki page that explains everything.

Th reason everything failed is probably because XBMC was not able to update the database when you tried to go to frodo. Did you by any chance restrict the rights to the xbmc user in the database ?
No restricted rights. I also read that people have used 5.6 fine. I could delete it and go with 5.5 if needed. Which Wiki is this on?
I saw in posts that some had problems with mysql5.6 but it worked great for over a month until i updated to 13 Gotham and then deleted and reinstalled.
Maybe there are 2 problems? I get this syntax error when looking at grants.
I also cannot get anything to show when I use command line
SHOW DATABASES or SHOW SCHEMAS

(2013-05-19, 12:14)Kibje Wrote: You have issues with the mysql setup, the database is not having you connect.

You use mysql 5.6 which is known to have issues which is why there is a big warning on the wiki page that explains everything.

Th reason everything failed is probably because XBMC was not able to update the database when you tried to go to frodo. Did you by any chance restrict the rights to the xbmc user in the database ?
Oh, I forgot to mention that when i select source content it doesn't do anything. I can change settings then reviusit and it is back to default. Im thinking its an xbmc issu vs database.I am unable to export any library from either machine as well.
I also wasn't sure if i should change databases in mysql to music32 or music35 vs my music?
Wow - this is odd and possibly related...
I have xbmc set to boot through WMC.
If I click on the xbmc Icon and run as administrator, I get a stripped down no saved version. Maybe there are 2 different instances on my HTPC?
I was having problems before with my other machine everytime i tried to load a third party addon it seemed to ignore it then all of the sudden it was there.
It seemed like it was stuck with a stock version of xbmc and no matter how often i deleted it and added my profile to it (cloned) it would boot as stock.
I am gonna look for another version but is this possible?
I cannot see xbmc in uninstall programs from the user account that i installed it in but I do see it in the administrators account. Is this a bug?
SO I deleted everything xbmc off of user account and main as well as AppData folders via add remove programs and manually searching for anything.
Cleared the registry on the PC and deleted MySQL5.6 and its installer.
I reinstalled xbmc and mysql5.5 and the exact same problem persists. Anyone suggest where else I should post this for support?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing GUI options- Library after Update0