• 40(current)
Asus Chromebox announcement
(2014-05-31, 01:02)MrCrispy Wrote: Thanks. Does holding down arrow keys do a fast scroll? I'm only asking because this is an issue I keep reading about. Also from your earlier post I understand that I can suspend/wake the Chromebox over wifi, but not from IR remote.

the way I have the directional arrows mapped, U/D do +/-10min and L/R do +/- 30sec. Holding any of them down jumps multiples of the skip rate at the key repeat rate for as long as the key is held, which is the behavior I'd expect.

You can sleep via the remote, assuming you have XBMC configured that power = suspend (vs shutdown). You can't wake via USB currently, but I'm working on that. Wake-on-LAN works as expected.
Has anyone tested either the new Seabios 1.7.5 or the custom Chromebox coreboot build linked below with Windows 8 (or Windows 7)? Any chance it fixed the HDMI audio issue? I'm curious, but not curious enough to actually risk my well-running setup to test it myself Wink .

https://plus.google.com/1156935452875979...CwoixTUMz1

Thanks.
(2014-05-31, 16:45)Eagle784 Wrote: Has anyone tested either the new Seabios 1.7.5 or the custom Chromebox coreboot build linked below with Windows 8 (or Windows 7)? Any chance it fixed the HDMI audio issue? I'm curious, but not curious enough to actually risk my well-running setup to test it myself Wink .

https://plus.google.com/1156935452875979...CwoixTUMz1

Thanks.

What HDMI audio issue? And why do you think it's firmware related?
(2014-05-31, 17:33)Matt Devo Wrote: What HDMI audio issue? And why do you think it's firmware related?

HDMI audio isn't working for me in Win8 32bit - I've had to use the 3.5mm port. The Gigabyte BRIX 2955u (identical hardware) seems to have had the same issue until a bios update solved it. Lol, I feel like we've had this conversation before: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1696697
How are you running Win8 on the Chromebox? Or do you mean the Brix?
(2014-06-01, 19:48)MrCrispy Wrote: How are you running Win8 on the Chromebox? Or do you mean the Brix?

it runs (or at least installs) fine on the ChromeBox, always has, even with the stock firmware + fixed legacy BIOS/SeaBIOS. You'll need to manually install a bunch of drivers afterwards, but other than than it works fine.
(2014-05-17, 04:23)deathtical Wrote: Just wanted to let you guys know that I am loveing this little box and XBMC. I do have a little snag though. When I try to reboot and go into chrome by pressing Ctrl+D it takes me to a black screen that says...

Booting from hard disk...
It appears your computer has only 639k of low ("DOS") RAM.
This version of Syslinux needs 9k to boot.
If you get this message in error, hold down the Ctrl key while booting, and I will take your word for it.
Boot error.

So I have tried that but it just brings me right back to this message. Any ideas?

Oh, I have also updated to 4.0.1
Got this message before and after.
Thanks

Never saw an answer to this. Any ideas? Thanks
(2014-06-03, 20:44)deathtical Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 04:23)deathtical Wrote: Just wanted to let you guys know that I am loveing this little box and XBMC. I do have a little snag though. When I try to reboot and go into chrome by pressing Ctrl+D it takes me to a black screen that says...

If you get this message in error, hold down the Ctrl key while booting, and I will take your word for it.
Boot error.

So I have tried that but it just brings me right back to this message. Any ideas?

Thanks

You have it set up for a dual-boot with OpenELEC? When did this start happening? I've never seen this error before.

Easiest solution is probably to just do a factory reset and then re-install using the latest version of the script
(2014-06-03, 20:49)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 20:44)deathtical Wrote:

Boot error.

Thanks

You have it set up for a dual-boot with OpenELEC? When did this start happening? I've never seen this error before.

Easiest solution is probably to just do a factory reset and then re-install using the latest version of the script

This is a dual boot with OpenELEC. I used the directions from the wiki to do it. The weird thing is, that switching between Chrome and OE worked for a few days and then it just started doing this. OE still works fine but still cannot get into Chrome. As mentioned before, it started happening prior to the release of OE 4.0.1 which I am currently running. Thanks
(2014-06-04, 21:19)deathtical Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 20:49)Matt Devo Wrote: Easiest solution is probably to just do a factory reset and then re-install using the latest version of the script

This is a dual boot with OpenELEC. I used the directions from the wiki to do it. The weird thing is, that switching between Chrome and OE worked for a few days and then it just started doing this. OE still works fine but still cannot get into Chrome. As mentioned before, it started happening prior to the release of OE 4.0.1 which I am currently running. Thanks

back up your OE/XBMC settings using the OE settings add-on, copy to USB, factory reset, reload OE dual boot, restore settings.
(2014-06-05, 04:08)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 21:19)deathtical Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 20:49)Matt Devo Wrote: Easiest solution is probably to just do a factory reset and then re-install using the latest version of the script

back up your OE/XBMC settings using the OE settings add-on, copy to USB, factory reset, reload OE dual boot, restore settings.

Bummer. OK will give it a shot. Thanks
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the script it worked well. However, after updating to openElec 4.0.4 i'm stuck in the current state:
- single boot OpenELEC configuration. Updated firmware (legacy and coreboot)
- chromebox tries only to boot from USB device and floppy, fails. Need to connect usb keyboard, hit ESC, choose the 16gb SSD -- then it works

Since set_gbb_flags.sh is no longer around, how do I fix this from OpenELEC?
(2014-06-06, 00:06)xaphod Wrote: Hi Matt,
Thanks for the script it worked well. However, after updating to openElec 4.0.4 i'm stuck in the current state:
- chromebox tries only to boot from USB device and floppy, fails. Need to connect usb keyboard, hit ESC, choose the 16gb SSD -- then it works

USB devices will always be booted by default if connected. The only way to change that is to change the bootorder file contained within the firmware
(2014-06-06, 00:45)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 00:06)xaphod Wrote: Hi Matt,

USB devices will always be booted by default if connected. The only way to change that is to change the bootorder file contained within the firmware

My goal is to have my big external USB drive connected all the time, and be able to reboot the chromebox at anytime without needing a keyboard to hit ESC and choose a boot device. I don't keep a keyboard attached normally. How can I do that?
(2014-06-06, 10:16)xaphod Wrote: My goal is to have my big external USB drive connected all the time, and be able to reboot the chromebox at anytime without needing a keyboard to hit ESC and choose a boot device. I don't keep a keyboard attached normally. How can I do that?

edit: the upcoming script update / firmware updates will change the boot priority to internal HDD even with USB connected, since that seems like the more logical option. Plus it will add support for the Core i3/i7 ChromeBoxes Smile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox announcement8