• 32(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
Saucy is out of support. Use an lts version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Here's an odd one.

All of a sudden, Live TV stopped working with the pvr.mythtv addon on three devices - 2 rPis (one on openelec RC1 and the other on beta 2) and a mac running kodi beta 5. The "TV" menu was missing. On launch, it looked like the stations started loading from the backend, and then suddenly stopped.
Odd thing #1: I was able to switch to the old cmyth addon on the beta 2 install, and it worked normally;
Odd thing #2: The failure coincided with getting a new router (TP Link Archer C7). The Pis are wired. The Mac is wireless.
Odd thing #3: There was an error in the logs indicating a problem parsing information from one of the channels. When I deleted the channel from the backend, pvr.mythtv addon was able to load and operated correctly.

The log is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=361526

Thanks.
(2014-12-02, 07:53)teeedubb Wrote: You guys have disabled the cmyth add-on right? Provide your kodi debug log (wiki)s and also your mythtv back end logs from the time of the crash.

Yes, I disable live TV, cmyth, then reboot and enable live TV and that informs me no PVRs enabled then enable the mythpvr....

I have the same issues across 3 platforms, openelec on cubox-i (latest build had mythpvr v 1.27) and openelec generic on another pc....

cmyth works without an issue, unfortunately new openelec Kodi RC does not include the cmyth, so I downgrade.

I will upload more logs later today...

Thank you for all your hard work on this project!

-Mike
(2014-12-03, 12:11)nickr Wrote: Saucy is out of support. Use an lts version.

So need to update the OS once again. It was chaos last time. But i guess i will need to.
If you want ubuntu for a media PC, NEVER use anything but LTS versions (even years, april release so 10.04, 12.04. 14.04).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-03, 20:54)mikebetz42 Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 07:53)teeedubb Wrote: You guys have disabled the cmyth add-on right? Provide your kodi debug log (wiki)s and also your mythtv back end logs from the time of the crash.

Yes, I disable live TV, cmyth, then reboot and enable live TV and that informs me no PVRs enabled then enable the mythpvr....

I have the same issues across 3 platforms, openelec on cubox-i (latest build had mythpvr v 1.27) and openelec generic on another pc....

cmyth works without an issue, unfortunately new openelec Kodi RC does not include the cmyth, so I downgrade.

I will upload more logs later today...

Thank you for all your hard work on this project!

-Mike

Updated to new fixes today, Live TV still stopping at random

Myth Backend: http://pastebin.com/jbBvCiQL

XBMC http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=363257

XBMC w/Debug http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=363299
(2014-12-04, 07:55)nickr Wrote: If you want ubuntu for a media PC, NEVER use anything but LTS versions (even years, april release so 10.04, 12.04. 14.04).

I was using a LTS 12.04 .. then one day an update come and it was 13.10. But it failed so i basically have half 12 and half 13.
I guess i will get a new HDD and put 14.04 on it. The server is pretty hacked together right now.

Would it be better to use straight ubuntu install or mythbuntu.
(2014-12-02, 06:12)thekow Wrote: I Just get crashes with the pvr.mythtv on kodi rc1. It crashes after an epg update or i go to watch live tv the window goes black but i can hear menus being selected. If you try to back out it crashes back to desktop. Wondering if i should just uninstall kodi all together and do a fresh install. I updated from Gotham. Which log file do i need upload for analysis.

Ubuntu 13.10 - kodi rc1 - myth 0.27 fix 3 - default confluence skin.

So far I built pvr from source.
I also removed all PVR then reinstalled from apt-get.
I have deleted nearly all plugins.
It connects to mythtv. It shows "getting channel data" "next recordings" etc
Soon as i hit the TV tab.
Screen goes black as if the skin is not working.
If i hit back Kodi just crashes.

Apart froma kodi purge. I am not sure how to proceed. If i disable TV everything works as normal.
I had also black screen and many bug with RC1 using addon without option "demuxing mpeg-ts". Kodi demuxer is too bugy, so enable the option "demuxing mpeg-ts".
(2014-12-03, 18:06)allan87 Wrote: Here's an odd one.

All of a sudden, Live TV stopped working with the pvr.mythtv addon on three devices - 2 rPis (one on openelec RC1 and the other on beta 2) and a mac running kodi beta 5. The "TV" menu was missing. On launch, it looked like the stations started loading from the backend, and then suddenly stopped.
Odd thing #1: I was able to switch to the old cmyth addon on the beta 2 install, and it worked normally;
Odd thing #2: The failure coincided with getting a new router (TP Link Archer C7). The Pis are wired. The Mac is wireless.
Odd thing #3: There was an error in the logs indicating a problem parsing information from one of the channels. When I deleted the channel from the backend, pvr.mythtv addon was able to load and operated correctly.

Thanks.
Your backend provided a malformed message during channels transfer. So no channel and then kodi disabled TV view (i think a kodi bug too, because at least you could see recordings). It is not first time i heard this issue. Probably fixed with 0.28. So avoid to put special characters in channel sign or name.
(2014-12-02, 03:53)mikebetz42 Wrote: Still having problems with pvr.mythtv stopping randomly during playback of live TV, pvr-mythtv-cmyth works without any issues...

MythTV Logs: http://pastebin.com/u9Wh4Rkq

Kodi debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=360331

MythTV 27+ current fixes and Kodi Helix RC1 are on the same PC, Two Ceton Infinitv 4 PCIe cards.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Mike, your log is full of ERROR during icons loadings, then full of NOTICE during playback: ...read ahead. That s means player wants read more than the head of stream. What kind of stream you try to read ? mpeg-ts , mpeg-ps or other ? Is it analog channel ?
It is really strange cmyth addon is able to read it without issue ! Could you provide log with extra debug enabled for cmyth addon and new addon ? Thanks
Also you could try new addon with same version of xbmc you use with cmyth... For now i didn't provide cmyth addon for kodi RC1, but i could.
There i think the root cause could be the new version of ffmpeg / kodi player. So i would like you try new addon with same version of xbmc you use cmyth addon.
(2014-12-06, 04:02)thekow Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 07:55)nickr Wrote: If you want ubuntu for a media PC, NEVER use anything but LTS versions (even years, april release so 10.04, 12.04. 14.04).

I was using a LTS 12.04 .. then one day an update come and it was 13.10. But it failed so i basically have half 12 and half 13.
I guess i will get a new HDD and put 14.04 on it. The server is pretty hacked together right now.

I suggest mythbuntu, you can always use mythbuntu-control-centre to install a full desktop later if you need it.

Mike
(2014-12-06, 06:14)janbar Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 18:06)allan87 Wrote: Here's an odd one.

Thanks.
Your backend provided a malformed message during channels transfer. So no channel and then kodi disabled TV view (i think a kodi bug too, because at least you could see recordings). It is not first time i heard this issue. Probably fixed with 0.28. So avoid to put special characters in channel sign or name.

So , i checked with 0.28 and today i had an EPG entry with invalid character (0x1a). Using web navigator to query backend on its web service i get also an error: error on line 1 at column 81919: PCDATA invalid Char value 26. SO invalid contents are not filtered by backend webserver and finally XML or JSON are mal-formed. Nothing can i do here Sad.
I use in addon the library jansson to parse JSON content, it is usefull and i choosen it because it had best performance and compliance with standards. But jansson cannot parse invalid content and return error like Chrome or Firefox. The resolution of those issues can be handle only by the backend itself by filtering invalid content and providing valid XML/JSON content.
(2014-12-06, 04:02)thekow Wrote:

Mythbuntu
(2014-12-06, 16:26)janbar Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 06:14)janbar Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 18:06)allan87 Wrote: ...
I use in addon the library jansson to parse JSON content, it is usefull and i choosen it because it had best performance and compliance with standards. But jansson cannot parse invalid content and return error like Chrome or Firefox. ...
does cmyth use something other than jansson to parse the output? It might be useful for jansson's developer to look at this issue. It may be that the bad data is the fault of the broadcaster or the backend, but should such a small thing be able to kill live tv? It seems too fragile.
The mythtv developers should be cleaning the data before they return it. Their api is not compliant. My understanding is the cmyth plugin uses the same protocol as myth frontend. Much more of a low level protocol.

I would think at least for 0.28 this might be fixed quickly
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1