• 4(current)
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805
1) Flashed Lubuntu 14.04 image to SD card

2) Booted to Lubuntu. About a 30 second boot time.

3) Updated the firmware using the ODROID Tool

4) Resized the SD card partition

5) Changed the resolution to 1080p generic settings

6) Tried choosing "Install XBMC" in the ODROID Tool, said something like "Not yet supported"

7) Tried installing Kodi RC 3 using the following commands...

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

The result is...
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed.  This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:14.0"git20141209.0902-rc3-0trusty) but it is not installable
          Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:14.0"git20141209.0902-rc3-0trusty.1") but it is not installable
          Depends: libshairplay0 but it is not installable
          Recommends: libva-intel-vaapi-driver but it is not going to be installed
          Breaks: xbmc (< 2:14.0"git20140109)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

The resolution was switching between 1080p and 720p from time to time. I don't know why that happens.
The Team XBMC PPA doesn't have an ARM version.
Did you use the image from http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=e...nux_ubuntu according to the release note it should include XBMC/Kodi.
My mistake. Indeed, it comes pre-installed with Helix RC 1. It seems to run a 1080p MKV with DTS file (Inglorious Basterds) fine with HDMI passthrough. Is there an overlay in Kodi that shows whether hardware acceleration is occurring?

Would be nice to have something like Openelec pre-installed, but I guess these are early days for the device.
Press "O" on a keyboard when playing back a file (or map something to "codecinfo" using the Keymap add-on). If the video says something like "ff-h254" then that's software decoding, but if it says "amc-" or "sf-" or "aml-" then it's hardware decoding.
a small review from someone
http://www.element14.com/community/commu...id--oh-boy

I would love to see face off with RPi playing Kodi
(2014-12-21, 08:43)Ned Scott Wrote: Press "O" on a keyboard when playing back a file (or map something to "codecinfo" using the Keymap add-on). If the video says something like "ff-h254" then that's software decoding, but if it says "amc-" or "sf-" or "aml-" then it's hardware decoding.

It's hw accel, see screenshot (Running linux image)

My first impressions is that you notice the cpu diff between this and raspberry pi, i added the emmc module and its lightning fast!
For some reasons it has problem detecting the modes on my monitor so will have tro try it on the tv later(Only detects 1280xSomething when its supports up to 2560 x 1440).
Does it do auto frame rate switching?
(2014-12-23, 23:37)noggin Wrote: Does it do auto frame rate switching?

What you mean ?
Jeey is that screenshot of you running it on the Ubuntu build our the android? Noggin it had Ubuntu on it. Also I remember reading that openelec will start supporting the chip for another product, forgive me if I'm mistaken. But openelec on this would probably give you the best product in this price range. Can't wait
(2014-12-24, 00:30)jeey Wrote:

What you mean ?

Does the output frame rate switch to match the content you are playing ?

I run my Pi and my x86 platforms with this enabled so that 24Hz content is output at 1080/24p, 25/50Hz content at 1080/50p and 30/60Hz content at 1080/60p. I run the UI at 1080/50p as most of my viewing is 25/50Hz content and this avoids the display/amp re-sync when playing this.

Wondered if the C1 supported this.

(2014-12-24, 00:39)MediaPi Wrote: Jeey is that screenshot of you running it on the Ubuntu build our the android? Noggin it had Ubuntu on it. Also I remember reading that openelec will start supporting the chip for another product, forgive me if I'm mistaken. But openelec on this would probably give you the best product in this price range. Can't wait

Reason I ask about frame rate switching was that it was an issue, at least initially, with the ODroid U2 (different ARM SoC) as the output refresh rate was, at one point, fixed at boot up.
Ordered mine on 18th, arrived here in New Zealand on the 24th, impressive delivery! Downloading the Ubuntu image now!

Yes it does. Or at least any other Amlogic device from Meson6 and upwards supports it.
Anyone know if this is able to passthrough HD audio via HDMI
But seems to play 23,976 @24hz right ? No true 23,976 output?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S8051