• 10(current)
Kodi has stopped working
Been watching stuff all day without a single crash. I've disabled the service add-on "skin.widgets". Still using Aeon Nox theme. Unfortunately with the test build not migrating the database correctly, I can't test with it.
Upgraded to 14 Helix today - Kodi crashes about a minute after startup ("Kodi has stopped working windows will..."
Debug log:
Link1

Crash Log:
Link2

This happened even after I disabled HTTP control
That is because you have all those xunitytalk and similar repositories and addons installed and they are broken, causing this crash. There are other threads about this. Remove them, and it will work. And for heaven's sake if you want any more help around here, leave them removed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Karlson2k after almost a week on your latest test build with Webserver OFF i didn't experienced any more crashes.
If you need more testing i'm available.And Happy New Year to everyone!
Crashes seem unrelated to skins or web browser. I'm using default confluence skin and have web browser turned off and still get regular "kodi has stopped working" crashes. I just installed Jan 1st 14.1 version o try. Will report back once I've tested it some.
How many users are affected by this issue and how random is the issue?
What version have users upgraded from that have the issue or did they do a clean install?
Or did they insall KODI over XBMC without moving the directories?
I have switched over on one windows (7 home) machine with the Karlson version published just before the real 14.0. This one is still running fine for me. Still hesitant to switch my main machine.

NB, Compcentral do you mean Webserver, when you write web browser?
I deleted (I had Super Repo crap on mine and thought I deleted all of it) but it turns out that another app kept an old version of a module that screwed mine up)
I got rid of it but now I couldn;t get a skin to work with a keyboard even official Kodi Confluence so I went with a 3rd party and it is working now.
I just updated to 14.1 (2 january one), and it's still crashing here.
Like stated before i can't disable the webserver as it's my only means to control my HTPC since the move to Kodi also broke my controller so it's moving left all the time if connected to the computer at all. (It's a Razer Sabertooth and i tried to put in the controller text like last but still not working)
If you still want debug logs i can make them but thats with the webserver on.
I'm having the same problem, i've had Kodi has stopped working 3 times on me but doesn't seem to do it when i have content playing movie,tv episode and so on.
yes. meant to say web server. running 14.1 has made no changes. I installed over gotham so next thing i try will be fresh install if no one gets this fixed soon. I hate to do that though because my library is pretty big (35 TB or so).
Well back up your library then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Seems that we have two sources of crashes.
New test build should solve at least one of them.
Based on Helix 14.0 release, no database version change, so "normal" release can be installed over test build later if required.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...mhd_01.exe
(2014-09-20, 07:29)nickr Wrote: What do you think alpha actually means?

Its a very smart question! Bravo!
(2015-01-05, 12:01)Karlson2k Wrote: Seems that we have two sources of crashes.
New test build should solve at least one of them.
Based on Helix 14.0 release, no database version change, so "normal" release can be installed over test build later if required.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...mhd_01.exe

Just to understand, what source of crashes does this build try to solve?
Thx!
Kodi is becoming very frustrating, i'm getting this Kodi has stopped working error on 2 of my 3 machines and i crashes in different places. Never had this on any machine running Gotham or earlier On my laptop it crashes as i'm updating my music library. I've tried 14.0 and 14.1.

Can anyone see anything wrong on my log below?.

http://pastebin.com/jRuDzh3F
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi has stopped working4