• 20(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
@nzjosh Were you able to resolve this? I'm getting the same error message when I attempt to install this build on my G-box Midnight 2.1.

(2015-01-09, 22:04)nzjosh Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 20:55)mivlives Wrote: @nzjosh - there is a post previous to mine with a dropbox link download that contains the CWM recovery if needed...

I can't for the life of me install this build. I have tried using both CMW and Matricom recoveries and both give me this error:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installing MX Linux
Wiping Userdata
format ( ) expects 5 args, got 4
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I renamed the .zip file to update.zip. I have also attempted installing without changing the name to no avail. This happens with both A & B releases. I hope you can help. Cheers
(2015-01-15, 14:28)russell_t Wrote: @nzjosh Were you able to resolve this? I'm getting the same error message when I attempt to install this build on my G-box Midnight 2.1.

(2015-01-09, 22:04)nzjosh Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 20:55)mivlives Wrote: @nzjosh - there is a post previous to mine with a dropbox link download that contains the CWM recovery if needed...

I can't for the life of me install this build. I have tried using both CMW and Matricom recoveries and both give me this error:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installing MX Linux
Wiping Userdata
format ( ) expects 5 args, got 4
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I renamed the .zip file to update.zip. I have also attempted installing without changing the name to no avail. This happens with both A & B releases. I hope you can help. Cheers
No, I've just given up. I loaded up every other Linux rom available for this device with no issues in the past.
@nzjosh - Thanks for the reply. I ended up installing a build from the 2nd post of this thread, for the time being anyway.
@nzjosh @russell_t I have got the same error and would love to know how to get past it.
Googling the error suggests it might be a partition problem or a CWM version error both of which I don't know how to fix.
Any help would be appreciated.
Seems to be a problem in the updater-script but when I make any change here it fails signature verification.
I have no clue at all how to resign or by-pass verification.

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "userdata", "0"); <--- does this need another arg ??
I tried changing to format("yaffs2", "MTD", "userdata", "0", "/userdata"); but it fails signature verification.

a similar command in the same script has 5 args --> format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

Please help.
Hi many thanks for updating this old box. added some new life to the girl.. The os installs just fine on my 2.0 unit, but I"ve lost all network connectivity. No wireless or wired, but usb seems fine. Tried 123114b, 011015 and an old frodo update from 20140507. I guess the 2.0 unit has a different nic card? M3 rev 2.0. Performed a full cache and system delete before updating too. What can i do to fix this?
Please try this build if you are getting an error with formatting...

Download: M3_HELIX_011015_FF.zip

If coming from Frodo or Gotham, please perform a wipe data\factory reset in recovery before flashing!

mivlives
(2015-01-18, 06:40)mivlives Wrote: Please try this build if you are getting an error with formatting...

If coming from Frodo or Gotham, please perform a wipe data\factory reset in recovery before flashing!

Brillant, working perfectly on my g-box 2.1/2.2. Has made the little shitter go the best its ever gone. Thankyou very much for your effort.
(2015-01-18, 06:40)mivlives Wrote: Please try this build if you are getting an error with formatting...

Thanks mimlives this installed without a hitch. I look forward to putting this device back into use!
@mivlives - Just installed this build on my Midnight 2.1 and it's working well. Thank you!

For those with G-Box 2.0, please try this build and report back...

Download: M3_HELIX_GBOX_2.0_TEST.zip

I should have known this one wasn't going to work when the words "MX Linux" showed up on the screen.

For some reason, my Slav (2.2) simply will not run any build based on that code.

Well.... if my new quad core box ever actually makes it across the Pacific, I guess I'll finally get to try Kodi 14.0 out, but this one is apparently going to stay stuck in Gotham land.
@Nostrodamus - both of the boxes I have and the couple I did for friends are all Slav 2.2s. What problems are you having? Are you able to flash this build successfully? Does it get stuck at the boot screen? What is it showing?
The flash appears to be successful. No error messages at all. Then when I reboot, it crashes on the logo. It's been the same result on every build I've tried that's based on the MX Linux code.

Oddly enough, I have no problem with other Linux builds for this box (J1nx, STTV, etc.) but none of those builds have updated past Frodo. Even the Gotham build I've been using was something I got from the Pivos board and swapped the proper remote configs in to get it to work.
(2015-01-20, 05:21)Nostrodamus Wrote: The flash appears to be successful. No error messages at all. Then when I reboot, it crashes on the logo...
...Oddly enough, I have no problem with other Linux builds for this box.

Same issue here with G-Box Midnight 2.2. Well it does occasionally get past the splash, but not for more than a minute and then it resets (maybe not compatible with the 2.2 models?)
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7