• 70(current)
CCM for Helix
Maybe these are stupid questions but i have 2 little "problems":

1. how can i add "custom" videos to my database? (those that are not found by the scrapers or homemade, etc). Cant find a way to do this.
2. can i configure hotkeys for some of the context menu functions? for example: i use the "mark video as read/unread" option very (VERY!) often and it always was kind of anoying to always press "c" to open the contextmenu and then navigate through the menu to the option... would be awesome if this would be configurable with CCM Smile.
Press "W" for watched while the video is highlighted if you have a keyboard.
(2015-03-06, 23:06)Ulathar Wrote: Maybe these are stupid questions but i have 2 little "problems":

1. how can i add "custom" videos to my database? (those that are not found by the scrapers or homemade, etc). Cant find a way to do this.

I use nfo files to have custom movies or movies that the scraper cannot find. In this way they are added to the database.

If the movie is able to be found, for example, on IMDB, you can actually have a url link to the IMDB within the nfo file. The scraper will then find the movie on the IMDB site, together with relevant details and images.

For these custom movies, you can either create a nfo file yourself with certain particulars, or you can use what I have found to be useful in creating nfo files, a program called MediaCompanion. It actually has several sections for movies, tv shows, and home movies. This program creates an nfo with certain particulars, as well as creating snapshots.

If your scraper then still does not add these custom movies based upon a nfo file, you can, as I have done, seperate your custom movies into a seperate folder, and just have the "local information only" scraper scrape your custom videos (homemovies), and the scraper will just add movies based upon the nfo file for each movie.

This link gives you more details on nfo files. NFO_files (wiki)

Also this link is for the MediaCompanion program mentioned above. http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/

Good luck.
(2015-03-06, 23:06)Ulathar Wrote: Maybe these are stupid questions but i have 2 little "problems":

2. can i configure hotkeys for some of the context menu functions? for example: i use the "mark video as read/unread" option very (VERY!) often and it always was kind of anoying to always press "c" to open the contextmenu and then navigate through the menu to the option... would be awesome if this would be configurable with CCM Smile.
(2015-03-07, 00:47)flhthemi Wrote: Press "W" for watched while the video is highlighted if you have a keyboard.

As you doesn't seem to have read the wiki about keyboard short cuts, have a look here for moore useful tips http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls
Also seem to remember an addon called something like "XBMC Controls" ? Bit vague now and I don't have time to go and look for it, but it mapped xbmc commands to a keypress. Or maybe the addon called "Keymap Editor" haven't tried it but the name sounds right for getting things to happen.

Just some ideas.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Awesome, thanks guys! I will have a look into it right now Smile.
Ok so I couldn't live with knowing there is a black screen on music playback Smile Update v3.0.14

Was a quick fix, so hopefully no new bugs! Also for users that change font colour - some icons will also change, Unfortunately also means default users have a slight change - but think it adds more than subtracts. maybe time to split CCM into 2 so one version can stay closer to original Confluence ?

I'm trying to figure out where the "unfinished movie" thingie is coming from? The movie it's displaying a title for is finished.....so shouldn't that clear after some time? Is there a toggle I missed in settings someplace?
(2015-03-07, 21:10)flhthemi Wrote: I'm trying to figure out where the "unfinished movie" thingie is coming from? The movie it's displaying a title for is finished.....so shouldn't that clear after some time? Is there a toggle I missed in settings someplace?
not sure if its the same thing but the new trakt add-on upgrade causes similar behavior, the movie playback progress sync is the cause, the resume point is stored on trakt and im not sure how to force clear it, you can disable the function completely in settings but i havent tested to see if it gets rid of existing 'resume points', after a little more research i was going to open an issue on github for it

again, may be completely unrelated but since i am seeing similar behavior thought it was worth mentioning, i will be posting in trakt thread as well
(2015-03-07, 21:10)flhthemi Wrote: I'm trying to figure out where the "unfinished movie" thingie is coming from? The movie it's displaying a title for is finished.....so shouldn't that clear after some time? Is there a toggle I missed in settings someplace?
Picks up the title through script.service.widgets toggle setting to turn off is SkinSettings-->General Settings--> under Home Screen --> "Enable Suggested Movies or TVShows"

And yep if movie is over 90% (I think it was) it should disappear.

(2015-03-07, 21:30)S7eele Wrote: not sure if its the same thing but the new trakt add-on upgrade causes similar behavior, the movie playback progress sync is the cause, the resume point is stored on trakt and im not sure how to force clear it, you can disable the function completely in settings but i havent tested to see if it gets rid of existing 'resume points', after a little more research i was going to open an issue on github for it

again, may be completely unrelated but since i am seeing similar behavior thought it was worth mentioning, i will be posting in trakt thread as well
Read something about that recently, not sure where though.

(2015-03-07, 14:00)Mudislander Wrote: Also seem to remember an addon called something like "XBMC Controls" ? Bit vague now and I don't have time to go and look for it, but it mapped xbmc commands to a keypress. Or maybe the addon called "Keymap Editor" haven't tried it but the name sounds right for getting things to happen.

Just some ideas.

The name is right for Keymap Editor, current version 1.0.9. It is found here

It works as expected. Just be careful not to overwrite a key that is already in use elsewhere. Fortunately, there is an option to restore.
Spent all day tinkering with my new rPi2, updated to Helix and decided to install this skin. I love how customisable it is, great job!

I'm just struggling with recreating my custom home menu items. What I would ideally want is a custom item pointing towards a video node or a playlist with a recently added widget on top. I used to have it set up with a playlist widget that showed files that were recently added to the playlist, but when I pick the 'playlist' widget now I get a random and last 'script failed' error and nothing shows up on the home screen. Am I missing something? I checked the skin widgets addon under services but I'm not sure what the settings should be.
I'd use video nodes but I don't think there's a widget for those? Also pretty annoyed that I can't combine two video playlists with different content settings, but that's not a skin-issue, I don't think.
After the last update my clock in the upper right has disappeared and the progress bar has turned into a vertical dash instead of a solid bar. Is there a setting that can change this back?

Helix 14.1- Windows7

Does ccm support the using of artist slideshow? was was thinking it did did but just wanted to make sure.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11