• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
1.0.32 Just pushed (hopefully with also be submitting this version to offical repo)

This has a few bug fixes but the most important feature is the addition of manual Super Favourites that can trigger the Kodi ExecuteBuiltin commands, see here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions

And don't forget the ability to open ANY window from within SF, eg the Shutdown menu (shutdownmenu), addon browser (addonbrowser), file manager (filemanager), even the Favourites Side Menu (favourites) Smile
http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs

The ExecuteBuiltin feature opens up endless possibilities, eg

Setting the volume to 50% [setvolume(50,showvolumebar]
Activating the screen saver [activatescreensaver]
Starting a slide show from a specific folder [slideshow(c:\100canon,random)]
Clean libraries [CleanLibrary(video) or CleanLibrary(music)]
Update libraries [UpdateLibrary(video) or UpdateLibrary(music)]
Force repo update [UpdateAddonRepos]
Shutdown in x minutes [AlarmClock(sd,shutdown)]
Toggle repeat mode [PlayerControl(repeat,notify)]
Toggle shuffle mode [PlayerControl(random,notify)]
Eject DVD [EjectTray]
Play DVD [PlayDVD] - will also play CD
Rip CD [RipCD]
Search Video Library [videolibrary.search]
etc etc

The possibilities are virtually endless!

It is also possible to link to any folder that isn't necessarily one of your Kodi sources:
Select Create new manual entry from the SF context menu
Enter a display name
Select ActivateWindow as the type
enter videolibrary for window ID (or 10025) (or more appropriate window for type of media)
enter path to the folder as the command, eg c:/temp

Simple
SF V1.0.31 Window ID 10000
SF V1.0.32 Window ID 10000

Thanks for the outside of the box tips.
(2015-05-16, 16:41)PatK Wrote: SF V1.0.31 Window ID 10000

In that case It's outta my control I'm afraid, I assume the skin has some right-click functionality that the SF script is squashing, only option is to turn SF menu off I'm afraid.
(2015-05-16, 19:45)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-05-16, 16:41)PatK Wrote: SF V1.0.31 Window ID 10000

In that case It's outta my control I'm afraid, I assume the skin has some right-click functionality that the SF script is squashing, only option is to turn SF menu off I'm afraid.
Thought it might be that... np it's easy enough to switch it on/off (sometimes I can get to the window, but usually not, I doubt the window ID was correct if I couldn't even get to it).

You really have enhanced Kodi big time with this, kinda wish it was embedded directly as favourites.
(2015-05-16, 20:53)PatK Wrote: You really have enhanced Kodi big time with this, kinda wish it was embedded directly as favourites.

LOL - You're not the first person to say that.

The funny thing is, the first version with just the main core functionality (simply organising Kodi favourites withi folders) took just 1 day to write.

If you want SF to start instead of the standard XBMC favourites menu, you can edit the skin file:

720p/DialogFavourites.xml

and put this right at the top of the file

Code:
<window type="dialog"><onload>RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/launcher.py)</onload></window>

(Just checked and the above doesn't work on Isengard at the moment - although I have a fix if you need it)
how can i add a show in pulsar or kmediatorrent to /storage/tvshows in openelec. Or am i wrong in thinking that is possible.
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
(2015-05-17, 19:02)eoghan Wrote: how can i add a show in pulsar or kmediatorrent to /storage/tvshows in openelec. Or am i wrong in thinking that is possible.

Don't really think this is anything to do with Super Favourites is it?
But with the normal context menu i cant add a pulsar tv show into /storage /tvshows but i thought i might be able with this addon. With other 3rd party addons i can add to library.Pulsar doesnt have library integration as far as im aware.
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
(2015-05-17, 19:44)eoghan Wrote: But with the normal context menu i cant add a pulsar tv show into /storage /tvshows but i thought i might be able with this addon. With other 3rd party addons i can add to library.Pulsar doesnt have library integration as far as im aware.

Ah I see, no it isn't anything do to with that sort of thing I'm afraid, have you tried contacting the author of the addon?
Anyone care to share a screenshot, I have it but not sure how to use it. Also I am not sure if its possible to have the favorite always visible on the interface.
Hi Spoyser,

I have written a basic Addon with the help of enen92, curti, Martijn, wsnipex , Karnagious and the folks at stackoverflow.

Basically it deletes the Super Favourites folder. Why? so that when the "import from remote location" is used, all old unwanted folders are removed, so when the user imports their New Super Favourites, all the "junk folders" from previous Super Favourites.are gone.

I have created a Super Folder Called "Tools" Inside /addon-data/super favourites and have put the "default.py" from my addon.
and tried to execute default.py with the following.

Code:
    <favourite name="Delete Old Favourites" thumb="">RunScript(&quot;xbmc.executebuiltin(&apos;XBMC.RunScript(&apos;special://home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/Tools/default.py&apos;)&apos;&quot;,&quot; True)&quot;)</favourite>

The code works as an addon perfectly, but I cant get it to run when hosted in Super Favourites. The idea being that, I can export my Super Favourites with this code in a folder and access it via /tools/favourites.xml, incase I want to change the structure of my Super favourites. I have played around with variants of the code with no joy.

Could you please help me out a bit here.

Thanks a million.

Spoyser, I hope it is ok to share this. I'll remove link If not. If anyone wants this addon you can download it here.

https://dl.orangedox.com/XPX8j915Za5tLTH...folder.zip

Extract and copy to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\

Remember if you use this to delete your old Super Favourites, you cannot recover old list unless you have a backup.

simontfs
Interesting... It would be really nice if SF could just maybe sync with dropbox or something similar. That would be awesome!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
@Spoyser: after recent updates Im having trouble trying to open a YouTube link from within SF. It was working previously but now I get an error message "Mapping for path '/channel/.... ' not found"

The same link in Kodi Favourites opens correctly. This link is not to a video, but to a YouTube Channel.

There have been updates to Bromix YouTube recently too, Im not sure if thats relevant to the interaction with SF?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-05-19, 02:48)myfototv Wrote: Hi Spoyser,

I have written a basic Addon with the help of enen92, curti, Martijn, wsnipex , Karnagious and the folks at stackoverflow.

Basically it deletes the Super Favourites folder. Why? so that when the "import from remote location" is used, all old unwanted folders are removed, so when the user imports their New Super Favourites, all the "junk folders" from previous Super Favourites.are gone.

I have created a Super Folder Called "Tools" Inside /addon-data/super favourites and have put the "default.py" from my addon.
and tried to execute default.py with the following.

Code:
    <favourite name="Delete Old Favourites" thumb="">RunScript(&quot;xbmc.executebuiltin(&apos;XBMC.RunScript(&apos;special://home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/Tools/default.py&apos;)&apos;&quot;,&quot; True)&quot;)</favourite>

The code works as an addon perfectly, but I cant get it to run when hosted in Super Favourites. The idea being that, I can export my Super Favourites with this code in a folder and access it via /tools/favourites.xml, incase I want to change the structure of my Super favourites. I have played around with variants of the code with no joy.

Could you please help me out a bit here.

Thanks a million.

Spoyser, I hope it is ok to share this. I'll remove link If not. If anyone wants this addon you can download it here.

https://dl.orangedox.com/XPX8j915Za5tLTH...folder.zip

Extract and copy to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\

Remember if you use this to delete your old Super Favourites, you cannot recover old list unless you have a backup.

simontfs

No problem with you linking the script.

I would think you need something much simpler like (not at computer so can't check)

Code:
RunScript(&apos;special://home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/Tools/default.py&apos;)

Which you should be able to easily make using the Create manual entry functionality
(2015-05-19, 20:37)jmh2002 Wrote: @Spoyser: after recent updates Im having trouble trying to open a YouTube link from within SF. It was working previously but now I get an error message "Mapping for path '/channel/.... ' not found"

The same link in Kodi Favourites opens correctly. This link is not to a video, but to a YouTube Channel.

There have been updates to Bromix YouTube recently too, Im not sure if thats relevant to the interaction with SF?

I'll have to take a look, I know YT have changed a lot recently so could be due to that.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6