• 65(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
(2015-08-29, 12:07)BL3ASBY Wrote: Yeah that's what I thought buddy just thought I may aswell check lol, ahwell it's VGA for a week while I wait for the new adapter

Do you have any other HDMI devices connected to your display? Some have reported that plugging in a second HDMI device somehow enables some DP->HDMI converters to work when they don't when they are the only devices plugged in to a TV?
(MediaPi here)
for those that are interested I searched around and found what seems to be a HP 260 G1 chinese clone with pros and cons against this unit,
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237107
seems ideal for a replacement and its actually fanless with other pros and cons against the HP 260 G1

I think it could be an amazing box, love to hear your thoughts on the other thread Smile
Hello everyone,

I need some help with power on from keyboard / using an MCE remote.

I bought the MCE remote from the link at maplin.co.uk so all legit stuff bought as per guide.

However I cannot get the power on function to work with either the keyboard or remote.

I have changed bios settings at least 3 times now, using hte f10 key to confirm.
I have plugged the keyboard into the port on the back of the pc next to the green port - still won't power on from keyboard press.
remote will only put to sleep and wake from sleep not power on.

is there a windows setting I need to change?
I have also changed settings in advanced mce tool running as administrator but still nothing.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Figured it out

Window's power settings conflict edited that all good

What I would like to do is setup auto subtitle download or assign a key to the remote for subtitles only

Can i do that??
(2015-08-30, 11:39)hr21 Wrote: Figured it out

What I would like to do is setup auto subtitle download or assign a key to the remote for subtitles only

Can i do that??

In OpenElec (not sure about Windows) the * and # keys on an MCE remote cycle through subtitle tracks and audio tracks. Not sure if that is any help.

Can i do that??

Hey buddy.
I had the same problem, I can wake my hp using the logitech k400 plus up when sleep but cannot power it on.
Which settings enabled that in windows? Thanks!

Can i do that??

have a look at this
http://www.howtogeek.com/186660/how-to-e...g-in-xbmc/

(the advance part in the post is what your looking for)

also the action that you want to open a menu for you to chose which subtitle is
ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)

you would first need to set a default subtitle addon (in the first link I provided)
Just a reminder I still have a sata cable if anyone needs it,
also its bloody typical, I just decided to get another one of these for another project and they sell out, DOH!
(2015-08-30, 20:27)stammie Wrote: also its bloody typical, I just decided to get another one of these for another project and they sell out, DOH!

It's not quite as cheap but Tesco direct currently have the Acer Revo One RL85 for £129 with a discount code. See details here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/acer-rev...as-2272130

Similar specs but with a 60gb SSD and no need for a displayport adapter. Also cheaper if you have any clubcard vouchers.

It also mentions built in wifi and remote control (?) in the specs.
Decpvr, that deal also has a remote control, and Two bays for sata, sounds like a really good deal, the 60Gb would be perfect for Windows, would like to hear users opinions on noise levels. Maybe someone start a thread on box. Good find decpvr

Say the HP was for £85 then £4 adaptor, £12 sata cable £4 screws £20 remote
That's £125, this has 2 bays for sata, more memory. Only thing it's missing is wake up remote function, but still a great deal

EDIT this also has the included wifi built in, just wished it didn't look like a bin and more of a rectangle LOL
seriously though, considering everone started getting the sata cable and the cost went up, this box seems like it might even beat the HP 260 G1, just no wake on remote function, infact looking at the pictures it seems really really small, I like it, worthy successor to the HP 260 G1 for the community.
Really temoted to start a thread on this but Uni is starting soon so won't/shoudn't be on as much but this unit should be straight forward no what if adaptor works, cable works? where to get them extra.
Does look a worthy competitor to the hp tbh.
Probably even more suitable for home media
There's already a thread for the Acer Revo One RL85 - it's here.

I've just been playing with the Celeron 2957U, 60GB HD / 2GB RAM version which can currently be got from Tesco Direct for £129 (check UK Hot Deals). It's quite a nice machine.

Pros :
  • 60GB SSD for storage (standard 2.5" SATA drive)
  • RF Remote with full (mini) keyboard
  • Spare slot for 2nd 2.5" SATA drive
  • WiFi & Bluetooth included
  • HDMI *and* DisplayPort

Cons :
  • Fairly unique form factor (not VESA mountable)
  • There are actually two spare SATA drive bays/trays - but only one has the SATA connector fitted !
  • Only a single SODIMM RAM slot, and you have to completely dissasemble the machine to access it.
  • Windows 8.1 install is Wimboot, and has lots of Acer bloatware
  • I can't find a way to power-on from USB connected MCE IR sensor

I'll probably post a set of dissassembly photos over on the RL85 thread in the next few days.
Hi stammie. How much would you like for the cable?
Not quite such a good deal but you can still get this unit for £127 plus £7 shipping here

(2015-09-01, 12:09)roadie Wrote: Hi stammie. How much would you like for the cable?

I've sent you a PM
Have you gone ahead and brought it stammie?

@ that price woudn't this be better

zotac-zbox-bi320-barebone-pc-celeron-2957u
http://www.nigelohara.com/zotac-zbox-bi3...AqPF8P8HAQ
£86.65

Ram £10.03
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-ValueRa...ords=ddr3l

thats a total of £96.68

the HP your suggesting will cost £127+£7(shipping)+£4(adaptor)=£138

the difference is (138-96.68)=41.32

and when you got people getting the 480gb sandisk ultra 3 SSD going for £77.80
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sandisk-...p=25881062

just goes to show what you can get for £41.32(the difference between the cost), also you'll need the cable and screws, thats another £16 (£57.32).

you'll have a zotec with 2gb ram, exact same cpu, so shouldn't see performance drop, by getting any decent ssd you will have faster performance than the HP, no keyboard/mouse or windows license but is it really worth an extra £40 ish pounds? the zotec also can wake up from s3 I think.

This is the way to go if you missed out on the HP 260 G1 in my opinion, (now that the asus box has gone back up), and stick openelec on it
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2