• 22(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
(2015-12-01, 15:26)Roby77 Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 15:09)Ipaddle Wrote: Ok, hopefully someone can help me.

Currently using Openelec 7 (Jarvis). Milhouse build 1125.
Everything is fine but the audio signal. I only get PCM input to my receiver.
I have connected my INTEL NUC to a DENON AVR-X2000. And then from my receiver to the TV PHILIPS PFL9704 (see my signature) (via HDMI).
My receiver will not decode that signal to DTS or DD. What is the matter. I am not quite sure that I have understood the issue. But I think my receiver has to decode the signal from PCM to either DTS or DD? Or there should DD or DTS signal coming from the NUC to the DENON receiver. But my receiver gets PCM signal only (checked input signals from HDMI).
My receiver is fully capable decoding those signals. And I had no problems before. Maybe it is some setting that went wrong.
I have of course enabled passthrough option in system.
I am not sure if this is KODI, Openelev or receiver related. Similar post in Openelec Forum.
xbmclogs.com/pjbjqsdda

Same Avr with asus chromebox no problem

Are you in expert mode ?

edit:are you sure you don't enable direct mode with denon ?

did you try resetting avr cpu ?

Expert mode: Yes
Passthrough enabled.
direct mode enabled on denon receiver: Yes - what else? Receiver says on OSD: Input signal PCM/digital.

Resetting AVR CPU: No, how do you do that?
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
(2015-12-01, 17:42)Ipaddle Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 15:26)Roby77 Wrote:

I have connected my INTEL NUC to a DENON AVR-X2000. And then from my receiver to the TV PHILIPS PFL9704 (see my signature) (via HDMI).
My receiver will not decode that signal to DTS or DD. What is the matter. I am not quite sure that I have understood the issue. But I think my receiver has to decode the signal from PCM to either DTS or DD? Or there should DD or DTS signal coming from the NUC to the DENON receiver. But my receiver gets PCM signal only (checked input signals from HDMI).
My receiver is fully capable decoding those signals. And I had no problems before. Maybe it is some setting that went wrong.
I am not sure if this is KODI, Openelev or receiver related. Similar post in Openelec Forum.
xbmclogs.com/pjbjqsdda

Same Avr with asus chromebox no problem

Are you in expert mode ?

edit:are you sure you don't enable direct mode with denon ?

did you try resetting avr cpu ?

Expert mode: Yes
Passthrough enabled.
direct mode enabled on denon receiver: Yes - what else? Receiver says on OSD: Input signal PCM/digital.

Resetting AVR CPU: No, how do you do that?

I will check this night my avr settings (not sure if direct mode is ok or not)

to reset: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/566602/...l?page=175

TAKE CARE THAT YOU WILL LOST ALL SETTINGS

xbmclogs.com/pjbjqsdda

In Settings -> Video -> Playback

do you have "Sync playback to display" enabled? With this option ENABLED passthrough will be automatically disabled and your AVR will only receive PCM (read the Settings help text for details).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse: That's a good guess - yes. As the OP did not provide a Debug Log one cannot see it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes good idea, i forgot that setting it cause i use audio profile switcher when i use tv or amp

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081
Yes that's it. Thanks. I totally missed the comments to that in the settings menu. A thanks (and big hug) to all of you.

Ok, but now Live TV is asynchronous (Audi/video).

Log file: http://xmbclogs.com/psfqtdzml
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1201: Generic / Nvidia_Legacy
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 4.3.0 #1 SMP Tue Dec 1 16:54:34 GMT 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151201165326-#1201-gc5875ae [Build #1201]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c5875ae6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d24a49ee, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop PR:7030 (CNetwork - implement IPv6) - causing resume delay
  2. Various ADSP bumps (note that ADSP addons are not included in these builds - still unstable)
  3. VideoPlayer updates
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [systemd] Update our patch to work with systemd-228 - closes #4470 (PR:4472, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • connman: update to connman-1.30 (PR:4455, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [webserver] - fixed possible directory traversal bug due to insuffici… (PR:8446, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Timer update: Fix handling of timers with 'start at any time' (PR:8452, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [adsp] fix seg fault if DSP becomes enabled (PR:8456, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: Bump to 2.8.3-Jarvis-beta3 (PR:8455, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gui] drop video/music overlay dialogs leftover part III (PR:8453, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • remove broken musicvideos scraper (PR:8398, 1 commit, 55 files changed)
    • [touch/filemanager] - workaround for the non-working touch input in t… (PR:8368, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Various AML fixes and cleanups (PR:8449, 9 commits, 7 files changed)
    • Fix content types. Fixes #16392 (PR:8437, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [strings] fix incorrect setting description (4835ee41)
    • [string] fix c/p mistake (558a8f18)
  3. dcadec:
    • dcadec.c: minor cleanup (d077b6df)
    • Fix typo in API documentation. (41d36b1a)
    • Use defines instead of magic numbers for IDCT calculations (bdcdf30a)
    • Use more defines for IDCT calculations. (b35fdcf6)
    • Mark some functions as cold. (bcba1015)
    • Inline trivial bitstream functions. (6cc57db0)
  4. libcec:
    • Use a single number as major SO version like others (PR:161, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • added: Sharp uses vendor id 0x534850 too. issue #36 (4905a709)
  5. platform:
    • fixed: compilation with vs2015. issue #19 (2c8d36ef)
    • removed: fstrcmp and StringUtils::CompareFuzzy() + StringUtils::FindBestMatch() because of an incompatible license. bump to 2.0.0. issue #12 #13 (a1e59058)
  6. adsp.basic:
  7. adsp.biquad.filters:
    • [Project] Update changelog.txt (9ff4d083)
    • [CMake] Fix idents (75c694dd)
    • [Project] Update addon.xml and bump version to 0.0.1 (37cd2051)
    • [depends] Bump asplib to v0.0.1__kodi-adsp (d63d8ac6)
  8. adsp.freesurround:
  9. asplib:
    • CMakeLists.txt: fix compilation on linux (PR:1, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • add usage of -fPIC for OS other then linux to fix library build (0bf01aac)
  10. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
      • [OMXAudio] Remove obsolete hw decode support (a70db3bd)
      • [OmxAudio] Make m_format more local (59450f1c)
      • AE: update omx audio (a403324b)
      • AE: update Pi Sink (45dc3e22)
      • VideoPlayer: trash method OpenStreamPlayer - enables detection if stream was actually opened or not (097a209a)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-01, 20:04)Ipaddle Wrote: Yes that's it. Thanks. I totally missed the comments to that in the settings menu. A thanks (and big hug) to all of you.

Ok, but now Live TV is asynchronous (Audi/video).

Log file: http://xmbclogs.com/psfqtdzml

Edit: not all channels are async. Only a couple (ARD and ZDF - German TV - were in sync with "sync playback to display" enabled). Did not test all of them.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Bisected: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5047#comment:7 (double the work of ceyhehous, cause I did not understand him ;-))

Reverting the offending commit and fixing the hunks makes that sample work again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-12-02, 00:23)fritsch Wrote: Bisected: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5047#comment:7 (double the work of ceyhehous, cause I did not understand him ;-))

Reverting the offending commit and fixing the hunks makes that sample work again.

Thanks! Will this be available in a Milhouse test build? No rush, but I'm happy to test as soon and confirm on a load of my videos.
No - ffmpeg does not want to simply revert - as revert breaks other files (though very seldom files)
On my side i have a problem on TV audio/video synchronisation, if i change the profil of tvheadend, i have some freeze
So stupid question for these builds:

If I install and want to go back will I have any issues with the database? Outside of corruption that can be restored with a backup (IE DB version etc). I'm just using the internal (SQLite?) - no external MYSQL etc. Current version of openELEC: 6.0

I assume to rollback from the alpha for openELEC I'd just drop the latest 6.0 tar into the upgrade folder? I've never rolled back with openELEC - just upgraded.

Just want to give the new video player a try - thanks!
Sure, it will work and you can normally roll back without problems.
In another Fritsch-thread I can read, that A/V sync problems are related to enabled pass-through at the moment, right?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955&page=155
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

• 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4