Scaling issue after waking from suspend
Hi,

I have an odd problem. I'm not sure if it's GFX related however, I hope someone can help me trouble analyze on this.

Sometimes after I wake the computer from suspend kodi is either in the top corner (see screenshot) or it is zoomed, so you can't see the main menu. Can someone help me disscover what is causing this?

Log file

Thanks
I came here to report the same issue. For me, it's when I deactivate the screensaver. Out of curiosity, what your hardware config? I'm running Kodi at 1080p on a Intel NUC that's attached to a Samsung 4k TV.

Windowing Kodi (backslash) then going fullscreen again generally fixes it.
I'm running kodi 16 on a B75 chipset with an i3 2220T with integrated graphics. My tv is a Panasonic x10 running 1080p and my AV is a yamaha RX-A830. My parents have a similar setup i5 3th gen with intel graphics 2500 hooked up to a 4k TV. They are experiencing the same problem. Remote control in both cases is a harmony one.

As you write changing resolution back and forth or windowing and then back resolves it however this is very irritating.
This is pretty much normal on Windows when using a Display Port or HDMI connection. When a connection is "lost" (e.g. machine sleeping, or a display removed, AVR turned off etc) the resolution of the screen is reset to usually 640x480 (depending on setup and GPU they might not follow that standard). As a consequence windows on a display are automatically resized by the operating system. And this is in full compliance with the related standards of the given connection protocol.

Kodi is missing a check here if the resolution changed and adjust the window size accordingly automatically to the new resolution after certain events broadcasted by the OS. Kodi can track this and adjust the Window size accordingly back to the new resolution given the D3D backbuffer is large enough. In this case of course it large enough as Windows just forced the app to resize to a smaller size when no display was available anymore to display stuff at the position and resolution until the full connection between GPU and display is fully "powered up" again.

To properly deal with this Kodi has to listen to message that displays/GPUs have been disconnected/reconnected and resize the application accordingly

Nearly all MediaPlayer/MediaCenter Apps suffer from this problem and you see it also in most normal apps as well. I provided a patch some years ago for MediaPortal to deal with this issue. No, not able to provide one for Kodi as I am not very familiar with the codebase here.

There are some registry keys were you can override the default resolution that Windows will fallback to, but this will not work on all setups as not all GPU drivers honor these settings and favor what the OS tells them and not overriding it (which IMHO is correct). Also some AVRs even announce their own stuff here. And some, including some HDMI switches, override that stuff completely as they are always power up and keep a connection alive. But yeah, its not any hardware problem but an application problem to deal with that scenario.

Overall not a hard problem to solve but very nasty to get it right for all usual setups as well as dealing with various "special cases" related to AVRs.
Found this on another thread http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...ost-949779. Could that maybe solve it?
Can you pres "\" twice
googe "hdmi pin 19"
The Pin19 trick, or using some HDMI Splitter/Switch that do similar things, works for some users as a workaround who are seeing these issues. But it is not guaranteed to solve the problem in all cases.

But yeah, its a valid hardware workaround to prevent involved hardware in the Display Port/HDMI connection seeing device removal information in various setups.Usually it is enough to use that "hack" on the cable from the HTPC, but sometimes beside HTPC -> AVR, AVR -> Display needs it as well.

The firmware in some older AVR or TVs had tons of problems with device removal and addition and this is where the "hack" originates and was common outside the HTPC world as well.

Give it a shot if it works for you for now until Team Kodi find some time to deal with that issue. Just tape off the pin in your HDMI chain one step at a time and see what happens.
I'll try that and report back. Are team kodi aware of the issue or should you report it somewhere?
When I cover the 19th pin I get no picture. Guess I just have to live with pressing "\" Confused
Yeah, a double "\" has been my solution to this. Not ideal, but it works. Thanks all for the insight into what causes this.
Try and perform an EDID overide with moninfo.
been experiencing this with Jarvis since i installed it

but i have been having video and audio issues since many versions ago. usually a reboot is my fix. i ultimately believe this is due to my non-standard setup:
panasonic viera<-->hdmi cat5e converter<-->hdmi switch<-->amd apu

after putting it off for months, i finally installed the custom .inf generated by MonInfo. i hope it stabilizes my setup.
(2016-02-24, 11:37)Talibanhunter Wrote: Sometimes after I wake the computer from suspend kodi is either in the top corner (see screenshot) or it is zoomed, so you can't see the main menu. Can someone help me disscover what is causing this?

This is essentially why I use Launcher4Kodi and have been using it since I began using XBMC/Kodi. Launcher4Kodi will exit Kodi when the system sleeps and it will restart Kodi when the computer wakes up. It solved this problem and a few others for me so even if there is another way to fix this without Launcher4Kodi, I'd still keep using it.
(2016-03-06, 02:56)SlamTheDoor Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 11:37)Talibanhunter Wrote: Sometimes after I wake the computer from suspend kodi is either in the top corner (see screenshot) or it is zoomed, so you can't see the main menu. Can someone help me disscover what is causing this?

This is essentially why I use Launcher4Kodi and have been using it since I began using XBMC/Kodi. Launcher4Kodi will exit Kodi when the system sleeps and it will restart Kodi when the computer wakes up. It solved this problem and a few others for me so even if there is another way to fix this without Launcher4Kodi, I'd still keep using it.

i don't suspend anymore, but leave the pc running 24/7 b/c i have it doing background tasks. so in my case, i guess the pc gets confused when it can't see the display any longer, either b/c it is off or the hdmi switch is off or on another input...haven't quite figured out the true cause. hopefully the custom monitor .inf will prove stable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scaling issue after waking from suspend0