• 106(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Just an FYI for those waiting for Amazon Prime to come to the Shield. Some one just posted on G+ that they extracted the Prime app from a Sony Bravia and it's works on the Shield.

I don't have a Prime account anymore, but I did install the app and it does appear to be working, puts icon on screen, launches and I was able to browse videos.

Here's the link: https://plus.google.com/1152975467070750...kPPtWZyMDw
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've been using this one and it's pretty good:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-t...v-t3278778
(2016-07-15, 02:48)cd2022 Wrote: I've been using this one and it's pretty good:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-t...v-t3278778

That's not the same, the one posted on the G+ is actually an Android TV app, not just a work-around launcher.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Heh heh, like I know the difference. I like the UI of the app you linked, it's pretty close to the real deal albeit a bit lagging.
It is working for now and it is streaming in HD. No UHD or HDR. I saw UHD on Bosch once, but it never loaded. Now, I am not seeing UHD on any of the shows. Just like last time, this will probably work until Amazon kills it. We will see what happens in a couple of days.
Well, like I said I don't have a Prime account anymore so hopefully some people will get some use out it whether it lasts a day, week or month. But maybe it'll last at least until Nvidia gets their deal worked out with Amazon.

EDIT: This just showed up on APK Mirror: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/amazon-mobi...-download/

This is the official Amazon apk & looks to work the same way.
(2016-07-15, 05:55)wesk05 Wrote: It is working for now and it is streaming in HD. No UHD or HDR. I saw UHD on Bosch once, but it never loaded. Now, I am not seeing UHD on any of the shows. Just like last time, this will probably work until Amazon kills it. We will see what happens in a couple of days.
Yes! I can confirm. This Amazon app is indeed streaming in HD. Not entirely sure if it is 1080p but this is the best Amazon Prime app that I've encountered to date.
(2016-07-15, 07:00)mjbxx Wrote: Not entirely sure if it is 1080p but this is the best Amazon Prime app that I've encountered to date.
Code:
07-14 22:31:10.650: W/RubyNative(26985): Changed format: mime: string(video/raw), stride: int32(1920), slice-height: int32(1088), color-format: int32(326), crop: unknown(9), width: int32(1920), height: int32(1080), what: int32(1869968451)}

It is definitely 1920x1080.

The apk mirror one also doesn't allow UHD or HDR. It is slightly better than the one from Sony in that when you try to stream in UHD, the app will crash exit after a few tries. The one from Sony TV gets into an endless loop.
(2016-07-15, 07:39)wesk05 Wrote: The apk mirror one also doesn't allow UHD or HDR. It is slightly better than the one from Sony in that when you try to stream in UHD, the app will crash exit after a few tries. The one from Sony TV gets into an endless loop.

I'd imagine that for it to work with UHD or HDR then it would have to be a Shield specific version of the Amazon app since those things are Nvidia specific hacks (well HDR anyway). Especially since this seems to be a more general apk and the target is only API 23.
(2016-07-15, 07:46)Tinwarble Wrote: I'd imagine that for it to work with UHD or HDR then it would have to be a Shield specific version of the Amazon app since those things are Nvidia specific hacks (well HDR anyway). Especially since this seems to be a more general apk and the target is only API 23.
APK mirror version also registers the Shield as a Sony device. So, I am not sure whether the apk is indeed a general one.
(2016-07-15, 07:39)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-07-15, 07:00)mjbxx Wrote: Not entirely sure if it is 1080p but this is the best Amazon Prime app that I've encountered to date.
It is definitely 1920x1080.
Grateful to finally have Amazon Prime in Full HD (1080p) status confirmed on the Shield TV for now.
(2016-07-15, 07:56)mjbxx Wrote: Grateful to finally have Amazon Prime in Full HD (1080p) status confirmed on the Shield TV for now.
Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts! Winter may be coming!!
(2016-07-15, 07:56)wesk05 Wrote: APK mirror version also registers the Shield as a Sony device. So, I am not sure whether the apk is indeed a general one.

Or it could just be that it was built from the Sony version (old code left over). Wink

Either way though, it's probably safe to say that it's not designed specifically for the Shield or to take advantage of it's features.
(2016-07-15, 07:58)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-07-15, 07:56)mjbxx Wrote: Grateful to finally have Amazon Prime in Full HD (1080p) status confirmed on the Shield TV for now.
Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts! Winter may be coming!!
Yes, I know. If so I'll revert back to the XDA 480p version of Amazon Prime which is better than nothing at all at this point. Bottom line is that regardless, I will have access to Amazon Prime going forward.
Anyone know where I could find a UK Prime video app please?
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6