Help with XBMC remote control - Sconi Center
Hi,

Please forgive this lengthy explanation. Hopefully it won't prevent people from reading it and offering a hand. I want to try and capture what I've already tried and the fact that I've given it my best effort and now need some guidance.

I've been searching the web and these forums and doing a lot of reading the past couple of days trying to get my USB sconi v1 and sconi center to control XBMC. I'm using a Harmony 880. I've been using the Windows Media Center codes for years to control my PC. After some reading here I've also loaded the Media Center SE and MCE Keyboard codes as that's what many people recommend, but that's only OOTB compatible with an RC-6 IR receiver. The IR receiver I have is a USB dongle and from what I've read it is essentially an IgorUSB device. Sconi Center is the software that translates IR codes into keypresses/wm_commands/all sortsa other stuff and passes them to applications. It doesn't appear that sconi center can send wm_appcommand like MCE compatible devices do, but it can send wm_command, wm_syscommand and a bunch of others. It's pretty powerful software but the user base is small. Therefor community support is limited.

I have been using this setup to control my PC and apps for years but now that I'm moving to XBMC I just can't get it to work. I'm using the classname "XBMC" as the target window. UISpy and some other posts I've read here indicate this is correct, but if someone can verify that'd be helpful. I've been trying to start with sending up/down keypresses. They seem to get sent to the XBMC window b/c it becomes active and the highlight bar changes, but it doesn't move. If I press up/down on the keyboard of course it does. With debug mode on I can also see the memory use changing as I hold down the buttons on the remote so I think that something must be getting caught by XBMC but I can't tell what. I've tried all sorts of combinations turning on/off the "remote sends keypresses" option and enabling debugging messages but nothing of any value gets logged. I saw one other user in these forums listing sconi center in his setup but unfortunately I don't think there's a way for me to contact him to find out any more unless he happens to read this thread.

I found the links below referencing a setup for MediaPortal. Is there a plugin similar to MessagePlugin for XBMC, or another way to configure XBMC to work with my hardware?

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA...d_Sconi_IR
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensio...-for-mp1-2

I appreciate any help and am hopeful since there are some pretty bright folks hanging around these forums.
See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...C.cpp#L124
The XBMC window and class names are both "XBMC".

If you enable debug logging the xbmc.log contains a reasonable amount of info about key presses. Look for lines containing "SDLKeyboard" or "OnKey". XBMC responds to WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP messages, but not WM_CHAR.

JR
Thanks. This was helpful. After getting debugging turned on I figured out why the Up/Down keypresses I was starting with were failing. It turns out SconiCenter sends an 8 or 2 keypress when it gets configured to send an Up or Down (respectively). I was confused at first but it clicked when I realized that corresponds to Up/Down on the numpad. What I'll need to do is pick different keys for the direction arrows and modify keymap.xml. I'm not sure why the keypresses were logged twice (these were from two remote keypresses), but I can deal with that later and slow down the send/repeat rate in SconiCenter.

19:52:55 T:2108 M:1590374400 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 264, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
19:52:55 T:2108 M:1590374400 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61544 pressed, action is Number8
19:52:55 T:2108 M:1590398976 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 264, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
19:52:55 T:2108 M:1590398976 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61544 pressed, action is Number8
19:52:59 T:2108 M:1590325248 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 80, sym: 258, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
19:52:59 T:2108 M:1590325248 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61538 pressed, action is Number2
19:53:00 T:2108 M:1590325248 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 80, sym: 258, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
19:53:00 T:2108 M:1590325248 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61538 pressed, action is Number2

*EDIT*
I got it working by sending WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP events for the keypresses. I looked up the Virtual-Key Codes at MSDN and everything is working beautifully. This way I won't have to edit the keymap unless I want to change things.

Thanks so much!
Hello,

I have sconi dongle v1, sconi center 3.6 and xbmc dharma.

I have the same pb, when i set "up" in sconi center, it send "8".
I tried send "WM_KEYUP" message but it do nothing.

Can you help me. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with XBMC remote control - Sconi Center0