HELP!! bought Majestic Media Server...now what?
Yes I'm an idiot

Please help anyway.

I want to use UPnP on my mac - atv2 -xmbc setup because the smb file share buffers too much so I bought Majestic and stupid me thought there would be a manual with the purchase so now I have no idea what is supposed to happen.

The manual here on setting up xbmc talks about screens that aren't in my xbmc and I'm lost.

Opened Majestic and added folders I want to share but how is my apple tv supposed to find them? Through the airport? Ethernet? Please help.
Ethernet works fine, showed up right away with the automatic setting

Now I find out that fast forward doesn't work when using majestic to serve to the xbmc on atv2.

I feel like I'm doing the cha cha cha, one step forward 2 steps back. Anybody feel my pain?
are you using wifi ?
Normally I do, I share a vpn acount through air-port but usually turn the VPN (non static) off to share my smb source with my static ip, but I get mad buffering to the point where HD is unbearable.

Now I got majestic working fine (no fast forward it seems) with ethernet but would be nice not having to unplug my net and do it through the airport.
Sorry it just started working. Now both wi-fi and ehternet work like I'd think they would. Anybody else like me, all I had to do was exit out and into xbmx a few times.

Still wouldn't mind knowing about fast forward if anybody knows. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP!! bought Majestic Media Server...now what?0