xbmc w/o directx?
possible?

i ask, because for some reason, i cannot get directx to install on my machine. i've gone thru two video cards (ati and nvidia) but no success. to be honest however, i don't have a keyboard, mouse, or monitor even plugged into it. just power and ethernet. =]

tia!
In theory there is a build that uses OpenGL, but I don't know if this is still available for Dharma. The last time I used it was v9.11. The best solution is to fix whatever is wrong with DirectX.

JR
That still requires directx for audio though, also what's the use of XBMC on a machine without keyboard, mouse and monitor.
easy. the machine delivers my audio, video, and digital media candy to all my other devices....

360, 360, wii, kids laptops, wd hd tv, and directly to my tv upstairs. well. thats the idea. i've yet to find something that does all i want, and looks good. eventually, $$ withstanding, my stereo will get hooked in too.

as far as fixing the directx issue... ugh, i have a bad feeling i'm just using too old hardware. software is easy. =[

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc w/o directx?0