Some clarifications please (crystalhd + macminic2d + macosX10.5/6)
I've read several topics about the issue in several sites, I'm ready to buy any of the two models but I've got some specific questions before.

I've got an old macmini core duo (model A1176). I replaced the original cpu (T2300) by a c2d (T7600) cpu and added 1GB RAM (total 1,25GB)Laugh. It used to be enough for most stuff but some full BDs can't be played. I decided to move to a crystalHD, but most stuff talks about appletv and not macmini.

Drivers?
http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/

1. It is better for a mini to buy the 0012 model or the 0015 model? 0015
2. Are the crystalHD drivers working for 0015 model under macosX? (the authors site doesn't clarify). Yes
3. Are the crystalHD drivers working under 10.6 (for any model 0012 or 0015)?
4. It is recommended to downgrade to 10.5 macos to use crystalHD?

I can run a w7 version of XBMC under the mini:
5. It is better (more stable/easy) to run crystalHD+XBMC+w7? Lol I'm sure drivers are easier to install Wink

Thanks for the help.

Sad The T7600 used to play smoothly videos that in XBMC10/10.1 or so doesn't play so smooth (drops). And when I check cpu usage doesn't run at top. Also some movies @ 25mbps play smooth and some others at 15mbps don't. For 40€ I'll give a try to crystalHD.

The idea is to play fullbd rips / h264 mkv's.
I don't mention it because it does not matter Smile

I'd get the bcm70015, bcm70012 is ancient now.
Thumbs Up 
I bought mine. Opened the mini (again) and all went smooth.

When it came to install the drivers, that's another story.

This topic should be pinned or pinned in the FAQ about crystalHD or at least copy paste the instructions in your site davilla.
Without it I would never be able to install the drivers. At least without having to learn a lot of useless stuff given all I want is to run HD content smooth on the mini.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66942

Thanks for the drivers, that and a 40€ chip increased the lifespan of my 2006 mini even more. Awesome piece of hardware.
Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some clarifications please (crystalhd + macminic2d + macosX10.5/6)0