Bowser wont open to verify XBMC on XBMCFlick
I am trying to run XBMCflix, it installed correctly and when I try to use it it comes up with the prompt that says, "Click ok when you have finished the link in your browser." Unfortunately no link is opening for me. I am using Chrome as my default browser, however I did try Safari.

2010 Mac Mini Server with OSX 10.6.7

Thanks!
skrypj Wrote:I am trying to run XBMCflix, it installed correctly and when I try to use it it comes up with the prompt that says, "Click ok when you have finished the link in your browser." Unfortunately no link is opening for me. I am using Chrome as my default browser, however I did try Safari.

Thanks!

Check if your browser might have been opened in the background.I have never used OSX but in windows you just press alt and tap at the same time and it will switch from XBMC UI to the windows desktop. I was waiting for the browser to open and nothing happened but then I found the open browser runnig in the background of XBMC with the netflix authorization page already open.

Good luck.
Nod
skrypj Wrote:I am trying to run XBMCflix, it installed correctly and when I try to use it it comes up with the prompt that says, "Click ok when you have finished the link in your browser." Unfortunately no link is opening for me. I am using Chrome as my default browser, however I did try Safari.

Thanks!

First, I'd try using FireFox as your default browser. FF seems to have better Silverlight support than either Chrome or Safari for OSX.

Second, ensure you can play a movie directly from Netflix using FireFox w/o XBMC to confirm NetFlix is working properly.

The first time you run XBMC Flicks, you might receive a Javascript error in FireFox when it tries to activate XBMC Flicks with Netflix. If this happens, go to Utilities > Java Preferences. Under the General tab, you'll see both 32 and 64-bit versions of Java 6. Drag the 32-bit version to the top of the list.

Close both the Java Preferences and FireFox.

Go back into XBMC Flicks and enable debugging (just in case there's an issue later).

Try to activate again from XBMC Flicks. When FireFox opens, you should see a button on the Netflix page to activate XBMC Flicks. Click it and XBMC Flicks should activate just fine.

Once activated, go back into XBMC and click the OK button in XBMC Flicks. XBMC might ask for a restart. Restart XBMC and try XBMC Flicks again, go to your Instant Queue and it should grab the items from your Netflix queue.

Just keep in mind that when you select a movie, FireFox will open outside XBMC to play the video. I'm still looking for a way to watch Netflix using an alternate player, but there don't appear to be any options at this point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bowser wont open to verify XBMC on XBMCFlick0