[MAC] Problem building trunk
When I attempt to build the trunk version of XBMC I get an error from "make xcode_depends":

Code:
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [TexturePacker] Error 1
make: *** [tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker] Error 2

This is probably some silly error on my part since this is the first Mac I've used since 1986. It's a friends Mac and I'm not sure what version of the SDK it has.

Anyhow, has anyone suggestions for what is causing the error and how to fix it?

Thanks,

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:When I attempt to build the trunk version of XBMC I get an error from "make xcode_depends":

Code:
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [TexturePacker] Error 1
make: *** [tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker] Error 2

This is probably some silly error on my part since this is the first Mac I've used since 1986. It's a friends Mac and I'm not sure what version of the SDK it has.

Anyhow, has anyone suggestions for what is causing the error and how to fix it?

Thanks,

JR

need much more info, which git trunk version? config.log. 10.4sdk installed. using xcode3 (yes) or xcode4 (no).
xcode is v3.2.6.

In /Developer/SDKs there are three folders, MacOSX10.4u.sdk, MacOSX10.5.sdk and MacOSX10.6.sdk so I'd guess it has those three SDKs installed. I don't know how you choose which one is used when running "make xcode_depends".

I cloned the trunk build this morning. I'm sure there's no problem with the trunk build as the nightly build ran fine half an hour or so after I cloned the trunk.

Later: aha, a more careful look at the output shows that it's make -C tools/TexturePacker/ that is failing and I can see errors:

Code:
g++ -D_LINUX -DUSE_LZO_PACKING -I. -I/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/lib -I/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/xbmc -I/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/xbmc/linux -I/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/include md5.cpp SDL_anigif.cpp XBTFWriter.cpp XBMCTex.cpp /Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/xbmc/guilib/XBTF.cpp -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib -L/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/lib/libsquish -lsquish-native -lSDL_image -lSDL -llzo2 -o TexturePacker
XBMCTex.cpp: In function ‘int createBundle(const std::string&, const std::string&, double, unsigned int, bool)’:
XBMCTex.cpp:445: warning: format ‘%lu’ expects type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘uint64_t’
XBMCTex.cpp:485: warning: format ‘%lu’ expects type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘uint64_t’
ld: warning: in /Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/lib/libsquish/libsquish-native.so, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib/libSDL_image.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib/libSDL.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib/liblzo2.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

so I've presumably messed up a config setting somewhere.
jhsrennie Wrote:xcode is v3.2.6.

In /Developer/SDKs there are three folders, MacOSX10.4u.sdk, MacOSX10.5.sdk and MacOSX10.6.sdk so I'd guess it has those three SDKs installed. I don't know how you choose which one is used when running "make xcode_depends".

I cloned the trunk build this morning. I'm sure there's no problem with the trunk build as the nightly build ran fine half an hour or so after I cloned the trunk.

Later: aha, a more careful look at the output shows that it's make -C tools/TexturePacker/ that is failing and I can see errors:

Code:
g++ -D_LINUX -DUSE_LZO_PACKING -I. -I/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/lib -I/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/xbmc -I/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/xbmc/linux -I/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/include md5.cpp SDL_anigif.cpp XBTFWriter.cpp XBMCTex.cpp /Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/xbmc/guilib/XBTF.cpp -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib -L/Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/lib/libsquish -lsquish-native -lSDL_image -lSDL -llzo2 -o TexturePacker
XBMCTex.cpp: In function ‘int createBundle(const std::string&, const std::string&, double, unsigned int, bool)’:
XBMCTex.cpp:445: warning: format ‘%lu’ expects type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘uint64_t’
XBMCTex.cpp:485: warning: format ‘%lu’ expects type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘uint64_t’
ld: warning: in /Users/rob/xbmc-trunk/lib/libsquish/libsquish-native.so, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib/libSDL_image.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib/libSDL.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/lib/liblzo2.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

so I've presumably messed up a config setting somewhere.

no, that's a fault in our configure. edit tools/osx/osx-depends/xbmc and pass --disable-texturepacker into configure while I figure out how to deal with this.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Problem building trunk0