FTP path to external drive from atv2
Okidoki, I am now trying to add a source on atv2 of the external drive connected to the mac. I am doing this as an ftp share. Whilst I can connect, the external drive does not show up. I have connected using 'add network location' and entered the ip address with the administrator username password. However just a small number of "selective" files show up. More importantly, the external drive is not there. Have enabled permissions for drive and folders within for sharing.

I thought perhaps I need to enter the full remote path, which I have tried a few variations without success. I am just using the os ftp sharing, not a third party ftp server app. Any suggestions.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Have answered my question Smile The mac os ftp settings will only allow ftp access to home directory. Need another ftp server app.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:Have answered my question Smile The mac os ftp settings will only allow ftp access to home directory. Need another ftp server app.

google 'sharepoints'
Thanks dude, I had a look at that yesterday. Its incompatible with leopard. Onto vsftpd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP path to external drive from atv20