XMBC sleep settings interrupt EyeTV recordings
Hi Guys!

I'm smoothly running XBMC 10.1 on my MacMini with latest EyeTV version for my TV recordings.

XBMC is configured to put the MacMini to sleep after 10 mins. Problem is that when TV recording are scheduled with EyeTV they get interrupted since XBMC keep putting the MacMini to sleep.

Is there a way to avoid it? I'd simply like to have my MacMini sleep when I'm not using and still being able to do TV recordings.

I've tried also using the MacOS sleep settings, instead of the XBMC one, but probably the USB TV Tuner itself is preventing the system to go to sleep so it won't never really work (while the XBMC setting do).

Thanks for any help! Wink
bump!
anyone?
Sounds like an EyeTV problem and not an XBMC problem as XBMC is doing exactly what you set it to do. XBMC cannot see into the future and predict when something is scheduled to record by EyeTV.

My suggestion is to let sleep be handled by EyeTV if it can. If not, then you cannot sleep the MacMini.
thanks Davilla. To me it sound a need to have a better integration with EyeTV Big Grin

Anyway I managed to have it sorted in this way. I've used forcesleep to make sure OS PM is working and using an exception for a running process that would avoid sleeping, then implemented the EYETV applescript to run the same process during recording/convertion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC sleep settings interrupt EyeTV recordings0