Large libraries / alphabetical submenu option
bridgman Wrote:You can keep a folder for special playlist in your skin instead of userdata. I use this code for a button.
PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="4005"
                <
align>right</align
                <
label>A</label
                <
focusedcolor>yeller</focusedcolor>
                <
texturefocus border="5" >NLT.png</texturefocus>
                <
texturenofocus border="5">.png</texturenofocus>
                <
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,special://skin/playlists/alphas/A.xsp,return)</onclick>

</control

Excellent solution for what i needed to accomplish; many thanks!
What I always thought would be cool would be to take any given media view (coverflow, DVD covers, right list, etc) and replace the scrollbar with a row of alphabetical buttons you could click on to go straight to that letter. Kind of like a Rolodex. You would access it just you would the scrollbar.
Dom DXecutioner Wrote:Excellent solution for what i needed to accomplish; many thanks!

I am pretty sure true credit goes to IGotdvds, I think the first time I seen that done was in the Shade skin.
I believe the "10025" number is needed to open the playlist in the video library .So will need to be changed for music playlist.
bridgman Wrote:I am pretty sure true credit goes to IGotdvds, I think the first time I seen that done was in the Shade skin.
I believe the "10025" number is needed to open the playlist in the video library .So will need to be changed for music playlist.

Thank you for the info... now it's just a matter of deciding which view to keep; decisions, decisions...

This view is only visible when the user sets the focus to "Begining with..."

This view shows the alpha-select at all times, provided that you're in the video library view...

Opinions and suggestions are welcomed... it would be nice if there was a way that you could display the current view in which you're in... oh, btw, this are not mock-ups, it's fully functional.
I'd just like to step in here and say these options are all well and good for us english speakers but foreign language will crash and burn on it
Jezz_X Wrote:I'd just like to step in here and say these options are all well and good for us english speakers but foreign language will crash and burn on it

I'm not sure what you mean by "crash and burn on it", but fair enough! I suppose it'll just be my little pet project. Thanks!
I just meant "not work" but i wanted to be a little more dramatic Smile
Jezz, can you elaborate "not work" ?
We (non-anglophone people) have possibility to strip article before title in media library, right? Or is related to somewhat else?
well take this language for example (Korean) it really doesn't have a,b,c,d,e etc etc
Shocked I'm an idiot, i have in my mind only the latin alphabet.
Thanks as always Jezz.
Hi Jezz, what about building this dynamically? Can we use first letter of the sort order? I am more of SQL guy:

select left([sortOrder],1) , count(*)
from [library]
group by left([sortOrder],1)
order by [sortOrder]

This way, as long as everything is international safe, we are good (aka: as long as sql is unicode safe) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large libraries / alphabetical submenu option0