Atv 2 ip address
oh dear. i have browsed and browsed and browsed and googled and googled and googled. thank you to all posters - i have managed not only to jailbreak my atv2, but also to instal xbmc .... i am so almost there. now i am trying to get to the stage where i can instal the add ons as well, and am trying to do it via SFTP (i have both transmit and cyberduck) - but I am faced with the rather embarrassing position that I cant seem to find the ATV2 IP ADDRESS.
I have tried various things, including going on the browser within ATV2 and going to an IP identification site .... but neither Cyberduck nor Transmit will accept the IP address, (with the user name and password) I have tried the user names root and mobile, and the password alpine, but nothing works and I can only presume i have the wrong ip address ....
so in a nutshell - can anyone tell me how to find the ATV2 IP address .... ?
Or, if I really missing something in terms of connecting via SFT - IP address, user name, passwork, connect .... ? Oh dear.

All this for iplayer and streaming .avi files. I hope its worth it!

Or should I just stick to Plex?!

Thank you.

Matt
it'll be under system info. In the confluence skin you can get to this by moving to the settings item in the main menu, then pressing the right-hand directional button to bring up the sub-menu. The system info option will be in this sub-menu.

Alternatively you can find it in the ATV2's own settings menu - probably under network settings (but I can't remember for sure)
Another approach is to use the domain name. The stock name is Apple-TV.local. So:

ssh [email protected]

Since I haven't bothered assigning static IPs to my ATVs, I just gave each of them a unique name (in the Apple settings) and call them up that way.
The IP address is available in the main Apple menu (Lowtide?), all the way to the right, under Settings. Choose Network Settings.
thanks everyone. I will try all of these tonight .....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv 2 ip address0