Extending API to allow changing/rearranging playlists
With the introduction of external XBMC tools like XBMC Commander and SoulMate, I am finally able to enjoy and control my music playlist from my iphone/ipad, without having to turn on the TV! This is really a stepchange for me with regards to usability. But we are not there 100% yet. None of these external XBMC tools are yet able to rearrange the content of music playlists, and searching around this forum, the reason seems to be a limitation in the API these applications are using (JSON) ? So my question is: Is the required functionality to allow these applications full control of music playlists something which may be implemented in an upcoming release ? Thanks!
JSON RPC does support modification of playlists:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...ioPlaylist

i don't know if this method was already there in dharma, but it certainly
is available in nightly builds.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Excellent - thank you for quick response! Hopefully these features will soon be utilized in upcoming versions of Ipad/Iphone XBMC remote control tools!
I looked a bit at the AudioPlaylist classes. Don't you also need something like Audioplaylist.MoveForward and AudioPlaylist.MoveBackwards in order to easily be able to drag and drop an existing playlist entry to another position in your playlist? Or can you use one of the existing classes ?

Another feature missing in current versions of XBMC remote tools is the ability to search for individual songs using JSON RPC. Anyone know if this is already supported in JSON RPC nightly builds ?
try http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...ylist.Swap
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extending API to allow changing/rearranging playlists0