Z-box playback stuttering? Try disabling wifi!
Ok i have spent 3 full days troubleshooting why my Z-box nd22 was giving me stuttering playback. Everytime i thought id fixed it, a short time later it would return.

I did all the usual things of changing resolutions, refresh rates, update drivers, etc. Then one day i noticed everytime i would lose frames, the wifi light would blink in sync with it. So i disabled the wifi in windows and bam, problem solved.

I can even watch 23.97, 25, and 29 fps videos at 60 hz with no noticable frame drop (however the error sits on 25% if i watch it this way without syncing refresh rate to display).

I'd love to know if anyone has a fix for this as i'm guessing its a priority issue? My cpu sits at around 6-10% when it happens and the fps can jump from 16 - 27 - 23.97 all from the wifi it seems.

As i said i have a Zotac Zbox ND-22 with 4 gb ram, a SSD, Windows 7 64, may 25th nightly xbmc build, and running off connected usb hdd's, not off a network.

I hope this helps someone else from tearing their hair out.

Cheers!
I also have a ZBOX, but my problem is a little more frustrating. I get random freezing during playback. It doesn't matter the file type, and size, resolution.. sometimes, it just freezes and I will have to to a hard power off and reboot.

I am running movies over my network.. wired, NOT wireless. I am also using Ubuntu as OS...

I've searched everywhere, and can't find a cure... about to just use Win7.
Dude, I could kiss you right now. I don't have a zbox, but I have been fighting choppy playback/dropped frames on a new HTPC build, and after disabling my wireless card HD videos play perfectly.

Thanks a bunch.
Good to know it helped someone! Looks like its not a xbmc issue though as i realised that my mouse cursor was stuttering in windows as well, so i guess it's a windows 7/wifi driver issue.

I am troubleshooting some network issues with my new router and my other new desktop with an asus wifi card started doing the same thing. I googled and found updating the driver fixed the issue. Wish i could do the same with my zbox though, drivers seem to be very hard to find.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Z-box playback stuttering? Try disabling wifi!0