Updating a shared library created by ATV2
Hi,

I've got an instance of MySQL hosted on a QNAP Nas where the database/library was created by the release version of XBMC on an ATV2.

It works well, but I also have Couch Potato and Sickbeard running on the NAS and would like to take advantage of their abilities to update an XBMC library by specifying an XBMC host. However my understanding of this feature is that it requires web access to the relevant host.

Am I correct in thinking that XBMC on ATV2 doesn't yet support that sort of web access (aside from the fact that I don't have it permanently hooked up)?

If I can't use the ATV2 for this, will a version hosted on Windows or Linux be able to do this (eg they will they be compatible with the version of the MySQL database created via ATV2). I have an Acer Aspire Revo 3610 with Windows 7 which I either run a copy of XBMC up under Windows or a live version off an SD card.
ANOD Wrote:Hi,

I've got a instance of MySQL hosted on a QNAP Nas where the database/library was created by the release version of XBMC on an ATV2.

It works well, but I also have Couch Potato and Sickbeard running on the NAS and would like to take advantage of their abilities to update an XBMC library by specifying an XBMC host. However my understanding of this feature is that it requires web access to the relevant host.

Am I correct in thinking that XBMC on ATV2 doesn't yet support that sort of web access (aside from the fact that I don't have it permanently hooked up)?

If I can't use the ATV2 for this, will a version hosted on Windows or Linux be able to do this (eg they will they be compatible with the version of the MySQL database created via ATV2). I have an Acer Aspire Revo 3610 with Windows 7 which I either run a copy of XBMC up under Windows or a live version off an SD card.

Works fine in the nightlys
Thanks Sindawi.

Is using an ATV2 nightly build the only option that would work in this instance?

If there was another option (such as my Acer Aspire under W7 or Linux) that would be very helpful.
ANOD Wrote:Thanks Sindawi.

Is using an ATV2 nightly build the only option that would work in this instance?

If there was another option (such as my Acer Aspire under W7 or Linux) that would be very helpful.

I believe the last stable version for ATV2 will also work. As for another copy, I think right now all the nightly versions (Mac, Windows, iOS, Linux) are on the same page for DB compatibility. There should be a thread or two around if you search all the forums (not just the iOS one) that will keep you up to date on if the nightlies bump the DB version number.
Ned Scott Wrote:There should be a thread or two around if you search all the forums (not just the iOS one) that will keep you up to date on if the nightlies bump the DB version number.

Thanks Ned.

I'll have a dig around and see what I can come up with. I can always export the library before I start experimenting and can also backup the MySQL db on the NAS (which I should be doing anyway Nod) in case the structure gets trashed.

My day job involves trouble shooting SQL Server and Oracle so MySQL shouldn't present much of an issue. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating a shared library created by ATV20