150 watt + linux = cant decide on itx board
Oki I hope you guys can help Im building a itx linux pc Iv tried to do as much research as I can but Im hitting a brick wall...my problem is choosing a itx motherboard that will work but not to powerfull that my 150 watt wont be enough to power the system...Iv asked the same question on ubuntu but after 2 weeks i got no reply Sad
Im after a setup that will be a pc first than a media centre 2nd...some basic gimp and openshot use as well as the usual pc task nothing to demanding
heres wat I have so far
antek isk 300 150 wat
2 x 80mm fans artic f8
slim line dvd/ cd writer
2 x 64gb ssd

I was gonna get the asus m488t itx board since it runs smoothly with linux with a sempron 2.8ghz cpu and 1 4gb ddr3 but i think i mite be pushing it abit with the psu will i be fine or could you recommend another board...doesnt need wifi or bluetooth...vga and dvi port would be awsome so i could have duel screen...thank you for any help and Im really sorry for being a pain in the but with this question
This one should work just fine:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813500051
I once had a mATX board with a sempron 140, 2x2GB RAM, HDTV tuner, ODD, and 2 HDDs all powered off a 102w picoPSU. So I'd say that what you listed would be fine on a 150w PSU. That said, I would go with something like this setup ...

ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

and

Intel Celeron E3400 Wolfdale 2.6GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor

This setup would easily run on a 150w PSU and it will blow away the sempron or any atom/zacate system.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
150 watt + linux = cant decide on itx board0