(Request) Can someone please Compile RTMP
Ned Scott Wrote:Thanks BlueCop! Works great on both my ATV2 and my iPhone running the July 11th unofficial nightly.

Can you please provide the path where the librtmp file to be dropped?

Thanks
ztas Wrote:Can you please provide the path where the librtmp file to be dropped?

Thanks

I found it.. copied to /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks

it works on Latest Official Release (10.0-9 was released on 23rd June).

Thanks BlueCop
BlueCop Wrote:I compiled the 2.4 git for atv2/ios
librtmp 2.4 for atv2/ios

Great! Thanks BlueCop.

To any U.K. users: this fix gets the 4OD streams on YouTube to work again

[copied to "/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks" on my ATV running 10.0-9]
Not sure this is the right thread to post in, but I am still getting the handshake error after downloading librtmp from rtmpdump 2.4.

I'm running an Apple TV 2 w/ the latest official build on ios 4.2.2.

I deleted the existing librtmp.0.dylib in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks and uploaded the new librtmp.0.dylib via FTP.

Getting this in the log:

09:49:26 WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
09:49:27 ERROR: rtmp server sent error
09:49:27 ERROR: rtmp server requested close
09:49:27 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmpe://hulu-***]
09:49:27 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?url="40002696"&mode="TV_play"&videoid="257187"]
09:49:27 DEBUG: Playlist Player: one or more items failed to play... aborting playback

Edit:

Changed Default CDN to Akamai in the add on settings and now Hulu is working...Can anyone comment on what this setting means/why I had to change it for it to work?
fruzmatik Wrote:Not sure this is the right thread to post in, but I am still getting the handshake error after downloading librtmp from rtmpdump 2.4.

I'm running an Apple TV 2 w/ the latest official build on ios 4.2.2.

I deleted the existing librtmp.0.dylib in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks and uploaded the new librtmp.0.dylib via FTP.

Getting this in the log:

09:49:26 WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
09:49:27 ERROR: rtmp server sent error
09:49:27 ERROR: rtmp server requested close
09:49:27 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmpe://hulu-***]
09:49:27 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?url="40002696"&mode="TV_play"&videoid="257187"]
09:49:27 DEBUG: Playlist Player: one or more items failed to play... aborting playback

Edit:

Changed Default CDN to Akamai in the add on settings and now Hulu is working...Can anyone comment on what this setting means/why I had to change it for it to work?

Not sure this is just problem with Hulu or Did you try playing The Daily Show?
It used to not work.. now it works!

I have it working with Hulu Plus.
I hope it's ok that I post this here.

I have not updated my XBMC since I originally installed it. I really had no reason to update it since it was working so well. However, I wanted to update my librtmp and found that everyone seems to be updating a file named librtmp.0.dylib. However, after searching, the closest I have is:
/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/librtmp.so

When I looked at my version information in the system screen in xbmc, I see:
XBMC PRE-10.0 Git:4b032be compiled Feb 19 2011
O/S Darwin 10.4.0
(I'm on IOS 4.1.1)

It appears that the latest versions are 10.0-7 and 10.0-9. So then I started looking for posts about updating xbmc and from what I can see most people seem to have some kind of issue they didn't have before and say "i'm not sure why I updated".

Do I have to update my xbmc installation to be able to update to the latest librtmp?

If yes, is 10.0-7 the "recommended stable" build right now? what is the best way to update?
Since they will not create a tarball for download, at least they could create a branch and tag 2.4... I have no clue which git version to pull that represents 2.4.
I honestly can't understand those who say they would be better off not upgrading. I'm running the July 22nd unofficial nightly, probably the most up to date build that has been posted to this subforum, and the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Scraping's a little jacked still, but it does work. If you share databases with multiple XBMC installs using a mysql server you need to make sure that those other installs are also running nightly builds.

There are no stable builds. None. There are significant problems with every build so far, but I believe that the newest ones have far less problems than the previous ones. I would go as so far as to call that a fact.

I recommend the July 22nd unofficial build. Instructions are in the sticky.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2e35...f8fec43989
Ned Scott Wrote:I honestly can't understand those who say they would be better off not upgrading. I'm running the July 22nd unofficial nightly, probably the most up to date build that has been posted to this subforum, and the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Scraping's a little jacked still, but it does work. If you share databases with multiple XBMC installs using a mysql server you need to make sure that those other installs are also running nightly builds.

There are no stable builds. None. There are significant problems with every build so far, but I believe that the newest ones have far less problems than the previous ones. I would go as so far as to call that a fact.

I recommend the July 22nd unofficial build. Instructions are in the sticky.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. After I upgraded to July 22nd build a lot of the problems I had went away. Sure, still a lot of work to do but it's a lot more stable for me anyway. So much so that I've finally let the wife loose on it. That's where the real test begins :-)
davilla Wrote:https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2e35...f8fec43989

Awesome - now lets get a new nightly that includes this Smile
Sooooooooooper happy I found this. Hulu works perfectly now and so does a lot of other things I couldn't get to work.
I've moved the new librtmp.0.dylib file to the root/applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks folder replacing the old file. Prior to that I updated XBMC to the latest nightly build. What I'm seeing is when I go into the Hulu addon I get all the way to the show title I want to watch and when I select it, nothing happens. No error, options for quality, nothing. If anyone has any idea what I'm missing here please let me know.

I've updated to a nightly build on my Mac and that alone makes the addon work for that version of XBMC. Would be great If I could get the same on my ATV2.
cdlenfert Wrote:I've moved the new librtmp.0.dylib file to the root/applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks folder replacing the old file. Prior to that I updated XBMC to the latest nightly build. What I'm seeing is when I go into the Hulu addon I get all the way to the show title I want to watch and when I select it, nothing happens. No error, options for quality, nothing. If anyone has any idea what I'm missing here please let me know.

I've updated to a nightly build on my Mac and that alone makes the addon work for that version of XBMC. Would be great If I could get the same on my ATV2.

x86 binaries will not run on arm Smile

file librtmp.0.dylib
davilla Wrote:x86 binaries will not run on arm Smile

file librtmp.0.dylib

I thought this thread was about getting the Hulu addon to work on ATV2 and using the new librtmp.0.dylib instead of the one already in XBMC was the key to getting that to work. Am I confused?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Request) Can someone please Compile RTMP0