XBMC crash?
Towards the ends of any of my Simpson's episodes, I get this crash message.

However, only the Simpsons cause this..
Code:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
File: libavutil/mathematics.c
Line: 80

Expression: b >=0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort   Retry   Ignore  
Any pointers on how to fix this problem?
Registered to say this exact same thing is happening to me, but only on The Simpsons, Season 14, when episodes are queued.

Running XBMC Dharma, Aeon skin, on Windows 7 32-bit.
It's crashing deep down in the ffmpeg code, which we didn't write.

The quickest way to get the video playing is probably to resample it with something like Handbrake. This will hopefully remove whatever bit of the video is causing ffmpeg to crash. You could try a nightly build: I can't remember if the nightly builds use the same ffmpeg code or a newer version.

JR
Thanks, JR. I hadn't thought of doing that, but it makes sense.
getting this error just by pulling up a directory of movies. Just looking at the listing. Havent played a movie.
Please put a debug log on pastebin.com for us to have a look at.

JR
Weird. Same issue here. Always the simpsons. I'm betting we all got our simpsons episodes from the same source which is causing the problem. I'd rather have a fix other than re-encoding the episodes. How can I help?
Quote:getting this error just by pulling up a directory of movies. Just looking at the listing. Havent played a movie.
I also registered to say I've got the same problem. A new Lenovo Q180 HTPC. All I did was Windows Update after registering. Then, installed XBMC latest nightly (10-Dec), Win32 version. Using standard Confluence skin. I get the error OP posted when I go to 'Movies' and simply let it sit there for 10-15 seconds. This is driving me nuts. Re-installed Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 & 2010 for both x86 & x64. Same problem. Restored my computer back to factory image, re-did Windows update, then installed Pre-Eden version (Beta 1) of XBMC. Same problem after adding 'Movies' share (SMB to my HPSERVER) and simply letting it sit in the library for 10-15 seconds. Already spent 2 whole days on this. Other than this issue, eveything else works great.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
hdmkv Wrote:I also registered to say I've got the same problem. A new Lenovo Q180 HTPC. All I did was Windows Update after registering. Then, installed XBMC latest nightly (10-Dec), Win32 version. Using standard Confluence skin. I get the error OP posted when I go to 'Movies' and simply let it sit there for 10-15 seconds. This is driving me nuts. Re-installed Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 & 2010 for both x86 & x64. Same problem. Restored my computer back to factory image, re-did Windows update, then installed Pre-Eden version (Beta 1) of XBMC. Same problem after adding 'Movies' share (SMB to my HPSERVER) and simply letting it sit in the library for 10-15 seconds. Already spent 2 whole days on this. Other than this issue, eveything else works great.

Need a debug log: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
That's a known issue with the Simpsons, see http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9897
Looks like this will be auto-fixed when we refresh ffmpeg, which will happen after Eden.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crash?0