App for Samsung Tv's
I posted about this before but no reply. Plex hav an app for lg and someone has just done an app for samsung tv. Would it be possible to have this running with an xbmc app, I was thinking of using windows home server, where all of the files would be stirred and using the samsung tv's to view it with an xbmc app. thoughts??
I believe XBMC will already stream to Samsung TV's via UPnP (DLNA).

Whether or not someone makes an "app" for said TVs is really up to a developer with one of these TVs to take it on and do it.

You'd probably want to start by investigating what "apps" actually are on these TV's.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Paul those Plex apps are like thin clients just acting as a UI layer the video is being transcoded by the Plex media server so it plays on the TV. LG have a developer forum you have to be registered to access it but someone posted the LG SDK notes it says their apps are basically Flash/Java/Web based.

It's not the same as XBMC running natively on the TV decoding the video. Also LG and Samsung have been locking down the TV's increasing security with each generation trying to stop hackers from doing anything with the TV's.

XBMC seems like a killer app to have built into a TV, it's a pity no TV makers seem to have the foresight to include it.
Hi starstream

As far as I know it is not transcoding, I have played some hd files and they play very well. I not an expert but it might be a thin client but the ui is very impressive, it looks similar to aeon (original to me) don't get me wrong I love xbmc which I havevon mac mini apple tv2, but I also have a few samsung smart tv's. I consider xbmc the best, and would like to see an app for this for the samsung tv's. Hopefully someone can do this.

Paul
paul elder Wrote:As far as I know it is not transcoding, I have played some hd files and they play very well. I not an expert but it might be a thin client but the ui is very impressive, it looks similar to aeon (original to me) don't get me wrong I love xbmc which I havevon mac mini apple tv2, but I also have a few samsung smart tv's. I consider xbmc the best, and would like to see an app for this for the samsung tv's. Hopefully someone can do this.

You are right that the Plex-App for Samsung TV works without transcoding. I would also love to really see a "real" XBMC on a Samsung TV. This would be the killer!!!

However, my feeling is that our chances are quite slim (at least in the near term). Porting it to a Samsung TV probably takes quite a bit of work and there are already so many ports around for developers to support. Fingers crossed that some developer gets excited about it and gives it a crack.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Sounds Good to me, But Will It Happen?
If samsung will bring an android tv - xbmc might run on it. Without android - NO CHANCE!.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
App for Samsung Tv's0