Dependencies not meat problem
Hi guys

I bumped my skin version to 3.00 to achieve pre Eden compatibility but Xbmc keeps reporting that dependencies are not met. My guess is that script versions are making problem now.

Now, where can I find some info about Eden transition? Only info I can find is in a sticky - Changes to skin engine, but there are no info there regarding this problem.

It looks like everybody else seams to know what to do and I'm being the only dumb ass around.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

any way we could test?

i just installed v0.7.2 from your repo without any problems,
but this one only requires xbmc.gui 2.11
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
if your using a eden build its because the addons you list in addon.xml as requires have not been updated and added to the eden repo yet to be downloaded eg: tvtunes, logo downloader, cover downloader and so on

Of course if you already have them installed like ronie may it doesn't effect you though they may not work proper
Jezz_X Wrote:Of course if you already have them installed like ronie may it doesn't effect you though they may not work proper

i checked his current addon.xml file and it only requires script.favourites,
which is available in the eden-pre repo.

@pecinko: also check your Debug Log, it may provide some clues which dependencies are not met.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I've found that only xbmc.gui gives a dependencies problem. i had wrongly put 3.0.0 as version number to give me that error. Scripts that I depend on and were not in official eden repo ( and not installed) didn't give me the error.
Off Subject: Why need A Dependency for Meat? Smile
Big_Noid Wrote:I've found that only xbmc.gui gives a dependencies problem. i had wrongly put 3.0.0 as version number to give me that error. Scripts that I depend on and were not in official eden repo ( and not installed) didn't give me the error.

Bingo. I made the same mistake.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK, for those that don't have access to transition info, this is what's needed:

Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/>
         <import addon="script.randomitems" version="2.0.0"/>
        <import addon="script.favourites" version="2.0.0"/>
    </requires>

Note that scripts versions were bumped and also the difference between GUI and SCRIPT's versioning.

Thanks everybody for the help.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

isamu.dragon Wrote:off subject: Why need a dependency for meat? Smile

bbq Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
isamu.dragon Wrote:Off Subject: Why need A Dependency for Meat? Smile

Because there ain't no meat
if dependencies you don't meet

This makes your skin not so neat
any you wanting somebody to beat

But if there was an info to be read
than dependencies would be met

My skin would look great
and all would be happy, my mate
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Because there ain't no meat

My skin would look great

1:1 i'd guess Wink Thanks.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
pecinko Wrote:Because there ain't no meat

My skin would look great

Excellent. Smile
Cheers
ubuntuf4n

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help