?: Is A Control Bound To A Container?
Ok,

Suppose I'm using a fixedlist control and I use said control withing the TVShows container... is this control now bound to the TVShows data?

I ask because I tried to call the TVShows container data (ie, totals, totals unwatched, total watched) however, I do not get this data to display; on the other hand, if I place this same label outside of the control, then the information is displayed.

Thanks for your time.
Infolabels inside an itemlayout are confined to the item, thus only infolabels from the item itself are usable. (usually ListItem.*)

Anywhere else is fair game. The container-level data (Container.*) are not listitem specific, and hence are not available within an itemlayout.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Infolabels inside an itemlayout are confined to the item, thus only infolabels from the item itself are usable. (usually ListItem.*)

Anywhere else is fair game. The container-level data (Container.*) are not listitem specific, and hence are not available within an itemlayout.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Fair enough... it makes a certain amount of sense from a database perspective; i suppose it would be similar to binding a recordset.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
?: Is A Control Bound To A Container?0