How to contribute in the best possible way?
Hi there,

I have been using ATV2 with nightly builds for a while now, and I am very amazed. It is a fantastic piece of software, and I think that you have done a great job porting the original version to ATV2.

I myself is a developer (mostly c++) and I would like to know, how/if I can be of any help? Maybe some bughunting, ticket closing etc.

How are the development progressing, where are there missing some pale nerdy hands?

Peter
Everywhere Smile One thing you could look at is the gesture stuff, particularly if you don't mind exploring the objective C side. Compare with the win32 gesturing (Check xbmc/windowing/windows/WinEventsWin32::OnGesture).

Otherwise, generic bughunting/ticket closing is a great way to start Smile

Feel free to pop onto IRC (#xbmc in freenode) as there'll generally be someone there hanging out if you have questions etc.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Feel free to pop onto IRC (#xbmc in freenode) as there'll generally be someone there hanging out if you have questions etc.

Cheers,
Jonathan

And don't forget about the offshoot channels (#xbmc-linux, #xbmc-osx, #xbmc-ios) for specific platform opinions/testers. Sometimes we're even graced with the actual devs who works on the platform. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to contribute in the best possible way?0