• 4(current)
XBMC with ATV2 from OSX Lion Machine
Thewolf Wrote:Only real solution for most people is not to upgrade to Lion.
Or set up FTP which is just as easy in your sharing settings in Mac OS X. I would like to think most people are capable of editing one or two lines in a text file for NFS as well.
The upcoming release of Mac OS X Lion and Lion Server dramatically simplifies file sharing, removing official support for FTP and Sun's NFS file sharing protocols while adding a new WebDAV option making it easy to share files with iOS devices.
Thewolf Wrote:The upcoming release of Mac OS X Lion and Lion Server dramatically simplifies file sharing, removing official support for FTP and Sun's NFS file sharing protocols while adding a new WebDAV option making it easy to share files with iOS devices.

XBMC supports WebDAV.
Ned Scott Wrote:XBMC supports WebDAV.

Yes it does though who is going to be able to se it up. Setting up WebDAV on OS X to share files is a pain in the bum.
Thewolf Wrote:The upcoming release of Mac OS X Lion and Lion Server dramatically simplifies file sharing, removing official support for FTP and Sun's NFS file sharing protocols while adding a new WebDAV option making it easy to share files with iOS devices.

Strange, I read an article written in June that Lion added support for NFS version 4. It must have been just the client side. That's extremely disappointing if it is the case, but as stated above, XBMC supports webdav.

Hopefully someone releases a NFS server for Lion soon or that could be a gamebreaker for me with the upgrade.
i ve tried to mount nfs on lion two ways (disk utility and terminal) with no luck.
Xbmc crashes when i input shared folder.
It seem we have to wait.
So...
Zen Mode "on"
Yazsoft Playback UPnP is the best way to go if you're on Lion. It's not free and subtitles won't work but it is very simple to set up and works well.
Thewolf Wrote:Yes it does though who is going to be able to se it up. Setting up WebDAV on OS X to share files is a pain in the bum.

Didn't you just say "...while adding a new WebDAV option making it easy to share files with iOS devices"?
That doesn't help people wanting to share with XBMC.

It's simple either don't upgrade to Lion just yet and wait or upgrade and use UPnP many apps out there that are easy to set up and work well.
Thewolf Wrote:Yazsoft Playback UPnP is the best way to go if you're on Lion. It's not free and subtitles won't work but it is very simple to set up and works well.

Have you tried any other UPnP option for Mac OS X? There are several free ones that work just fine. Never tried this one but it looks interesting: http://www.tvmobili.com/
Yes, no need to play the upgrade race if xbmc is working fine on what you have already. Personally, I have no plans to update my dev boxes to it until 4-6 months from now.
I just tried Plackback UPnP and get a frame every few seconds when streaming, anyone else have that problem?
Thewolf Wrote:That doesn't help people wanting to share with XBMC.

Uh, yes it will. I'm guessing you haven't actually tried it yourself and instead are just copying and pasting stuff from Apple Insider articles.
Shackler Wrote:I just tried Plackback UPnP and get a frame every few seconds when streaming, anyone else have that problem?

I tried it out yesterday and no such issues was working fine. Try rebooting the AppleTV
Thewolf Wrote:I tried it out yesterday and no such issues was working fine. Try rebooting the AppleTV

Rebooted the Apple TV and it works!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with ATV2 from OSX Lion Machine0