Audio boost in videos
Ok, I have searched the forums and the wiki for a solution but none of them are working for me. I also have the latest stable version for windows and running it on Windows XP.

I have noticed that some video files have a very low audio volume even when everything is turned up to 100%. The standard audio in these files is just 2.0 stereo mp3 and is not ac3 so the ac3 boost option in advancedsettings.xml is not working with them.

I know with other players they tend to go up to 200% volume so that helps but with XBMC I am not noticed a way to boost the volume on these normal video files. Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks
Star 
Most of us have independent audio control with an outboard amplifier etc. If some of the videos have decent levels and some don't it is probably a property of the encode, you can adjust that with the external amp...
Well the low audio seems to be on the videos that do not have the ac3 audio codec and unfortunately at the moment my external amp is not working Sad. Is there any other ideas?
im not sure how many videos your talking about, but you could demux the audio, boost it 200% then remux it back.

of coarse, its a temporary fix, but i assume your amp problems are temporary also

Dam0
I'm experiencing the same issue on my Windows 7 HTPC. Movies with mp3 stereo sound play with a very low volume. I have to crank up my receiver to hear anything. And you can imagine what happens when I switch to another input and forget to adjust the volume...

I have both MCE and XBMC installed on my HTPC and the files play fine under MCE with normal sound levels. My conclusion is that it is not related to the content but to XBMC.

Also mp4 files from my phone playback jerky and stuttering under XBMC while they play fine in MCE.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio boost in videos0