New user, new setup
Hi guys,

I currently have a linksys e4200 router and have 3TB hd connect. This streams videos, and Internet streams through orb UPnP to my sumvision players at each tv. This has worked great for over a year but now my HD is nearly full and i want a change.

Basically i watch alot of freeview tv/catchup tv, football and other live events on the web.*

Thats were afew people have recommended me to try mythtv, as i have the ability to watch feeds from the Internet of websites. After some research i found this would be costly to do as i want to have 3 tv sets on the system and would need 3frontend devices. Thats were i found XBMC which led me to here Smile i believe its compatible with mythTV so iv decided to run a backend on mythtv and have the frontend on XBMC.*

First, i like to use lovefilm but i know mythtv & XBMC dose not support this. So could i use a Sony network media player (which has lovefilm on it) connected to each tv set and use them as the frontend with the XBMC on them?*

And lastly is the frontend a HTPC? I will build the backend myself but would like to buy the frontend and take into account i need 3 so price is a issue. What devices are out there?

Thanks
Gray
I'd be very surprised if the Sony network media player could run XBMC, so you'd need to buy HTPCs to use as the front end.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user, new setup0