Watching video files with 2x speed and sound?
Just wondering if it's possible to change some settings so that you could use 2x fast forward with sound?

When I was using Windows Media Center 7, my wife liked to watch some recorded TV-shows with 2x speed, and the audio was present as well. Now that I started using XBMC (using For the Record as the TV background), she is a bit annoyed (you know how wife's can be Wink coz the audio is not present anymore.

Any help? before I'm eating arsenic in my oat meals? Smile
I want to ask why in gods name would she want to watch something with 2x speed, but then I realize that this request is for your wife and women tend to do some crazy sh%tLaugh

Anyway, AFAIK there is no way to make XBMC do this on its own. Maybe you can use an external player for thisHuh
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Yeah Smile well that is exactly what I asked and I survived the answer. She watches one of these soap opera series that way (short answer is she hates it, but watches it anyway 2x speed) ... anyway I can't stand it coz it sounds absolutely ridiculous, have to mention though that she uses subtitles as well to keep up with all the conversations.

Anyway, thanks for the answer ... "technically impossible" is a feasible answer for now. Smile
I use vlc to watch crap as fast as possible using the external player feature of XBMC.
just change the playercorefactory.xml file. put in the following into the players section:
Code:
<player name="VLC 1.5x playback speed" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
      <args> --fullscreen --no-qt-name-in-title --rate=1.5 --no-qt-video-autoresize --deinterlace=-1 --deinterlace-mode=linear</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
Start a video using the c or contect menu and select play using...
You can use [ and ] to change the playback speed in VLC.
Ok, that is great ... thanks. Smile
htpc guy Wrote:I want to ask why in gods name would she want to watch something with 2x speed, but then I realize that this request is for your wife and women tend to do some crazy sh%tLaugh

Anyway, AFAIK there is no way to make XBMC do this on its own. Maybe you can use an external player for thisHuh

For me this option is simply essential because it saves valuable time. I'm watching recorded news and some talk shows at higher speed (in WMC) to get more information in less time. It is very convenient.

@xsintill thanks for the advice. I'll also give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watching video files with 2x speed and sound?0