My XBMC Story ... [New build]
eskro Wrote:that SilverStone SG05B case is very good!!
if you dont mind the $104 it costs :/

I bought the SGO6 case. Its the same size as the SGO5 but has a different front panel so costs slightly more. Again, was being fussy on looks :p
Dannywallace Wrote:also spent £20 buying a gigabit switch and didn't purchase any hard drives except the SSD as i was streaming everything over the network.

I'm telling you, you are walking my same path, only a few steps ahead... Part of my "upgrade package" is to bring my home network up to gigabit too. Plus possibly moving my NAS from the upstairs office down to the basement, plus enhancing streaming options for the kids, plus... Oo

Thanks for the info!
Quote:On another computer ... I literally shared the folder and XBMC just picks the shared folders up with ease. I was thinking about going down the NAS route eventually but will probably end up building a Windows Media Server or similar.

I have an Acer Revo (atom based processor, 9400M) running 12TB of RAID-Z hard drives off it. It is my router, VPN hookup, NAS, and XBMC box. Ive stress tested it by playing a 1080p mkv on my tv while streaming a video to my laptop and running HDD scrub. No hiccups at all. You have much more powerful hardware and should be able to use _this_ box as a NAS easily.
i am a new user running xbmc on open elec and I have no sound how did you unmute it? how and whereHuh help
hold F8 or F10 keyboard key
I've got the same case, I pullled the power LED out, as it's blinding!
For the money its a decent case, shame about the cable managment tho

Nice build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My XBMC Story ... [New build]0