Too many drop frames on Revo 3600
Hi guys,

Recently I installed XBMC latest Windows version in my Revo 3600. Before I always used the XBMC live version without this type of problems which I will explain below.

I'm using Windows 7 Starter and didn't install anything of major except MS Security Essentials. XBMC runs ok a bit slower but I was having the same problem on the last XBMC live I guess its the skin which is too heavy for the single core of the Revo.

My main problem is while watching movies if I make the same configurations as in the Live version, i.e. activate the option to adjust the rate of the movie with TV (not sure of the exact name) I have lots of dropped frames on the movie I counted more then 50 in 1080p movie once.

I also noticed that the CPU with this option is with a quite high load more then 50% and no other relevant processes are running also checked that.

If I disable the referred option dropped frames are minimum 1 or 2 but then the movie sometimes suffers like a slow down or speed up of the rate 2 or 3 times per movie.

Is there anyway to fix this?
Anyone? Sad
I'm not sure this would help, but is your DXVA setting turned on?

I don't see why you would switch from a live version on your revo to a win7 version. I have a dual core revo and I just switched to openelec from a win7 installation because my revo could handle it anymore. Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

I have a revo 3700 (which albeit has a slightly stronger cpu) and I am using the neon skin (svn) with a mysql db and dxva turned on (on win7 obviously). I regularly watch both 1080p and 720p material with no stuttering whatsoever.
Well I always used the live version but from time to time I had some problems and had to use a friends help because of my low unix knowledge.

I had a network problem recently and I tought it was because of XBMC my firend told me to use Win 7 in the end the problem was in the router. Anyway Win 7 as some good options because I can check internet and other things from there.

Wondering if the Ubuntu option wouldn't be better then Win 7 also.

I guess I will just make a new drive and install other options to see the result.
I can play anythimg at 60hz just fine, but if I try to match the movie and play at 24 it plays horribly. I still have some settings to play around with. On my live version booting off a USB it plays it just fine.
Doh! I hadn't updated my video drivers. I thought they were up to date. The minute I updated them it played ok. Still not as quick as the Live version but it's doable Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too many drop frames on Revo 36000