Resolution inconsistant
I have my HTPC hooked up to my TV and I am having trouble keeping my resolution consistent. If I start the computer while the TV is on it comes on in full 1920 x 1080, but if the TV is not on when the computer is turned on then the resolution will start at something much lower. Is there a way to lock the resolution of the screen so I don't have to worry about this issue. It is annoying because I have XBMC set to start automatically but if the resolution is not right I have to exit the program and restart it with the new resolution. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
What is the resolution of your windows desktop to start with? It could be a case of your TV itself not starting in the right mode. Do you have an option to adjust anything with the TV itself?
Ardalista Wrote:What is the resolution of your windows desktop to start with? It could be a case of your TV itself not starting in the right mode. Do you have an option to adjust anything with the TV itself?

The only video cable plugged into the computer is an hdmi that runs through a receiver then to the TV. The TV is set to "PC" so it is supposed to match whatever the computer is using. I'm pretty sure it is Windows starting without anything to display on (because it doesn't sense the TV) so it chooses a very low setting.

(Thank you for the quick reply)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution inconsistant0