[AppleTV2] Shared Database with XBMC 10.1
I am trying to setup a shared database between XBMC on my ATV2 and XBMC on my HTPC (Linux).

Here is some background:
- HTPC is Atom 330 ION Setup w/ XBMC Live 10.1 installed to HDD
- AppleTV2 iOS 4.3 (build 8F305) is running the latest official build of XBMC for IOS (10.0-9)

What I am trying to accomplish is to setup a shared MySQL database between my two devices. This database resides on a server I have at home and I have had no issues getting the AppleTV2 or HTPC to connect to it. The problem I am having is that both devices are not using the same database revisions and as such I can only ever get one device working with the database (Whichever device created the tables).

I am comfortable updating the HTPC and/or ATV2 to nightly builds if it will solve my issue.

Is there anyone out there who has a similar setup working? I just can't for the life of me get these two devises to share the MySQL database. I know why (Different Database Revisions) but I can find any information that indicates what I need to do to get both versions using the same database revision.

Thanks!
Hi,

I came to the same conclusion, I thought 10.0-9 was based on 10.0 or 10.1, but in the System info it says PRE-11. I had my mysql in place, filled by the stable 10.1 osx release of XBMC.
After hooking up my apple tv 2 my xbmc on my mac became sluggish and couldnt find any video's any more. After upgrading my mac to a nightly build, things ran perfectly. According to System info this is also PRE-11

So my ATV2 runs the stable build 10.0-9
My Mac runs the nightly build (xbmc-20110721)

hope this helps

btw, let me know how it goes on the 330 ION, I have the same setup, still need to configure that machine to mysql, I also have the stable build running on there.
justido Wrote:Hi,

I came to the same conclusion, I thought 10.0-9 was based on 10.0 or 10.1, but in the System info it says PRE-11. I had my mysql in place, filled by the stable 10.1 osx release of XBMC.
After hooking up my apple tv 2 my xbmc on my mac became sluggish and couldnt find any video's any more. After upgrading my mac to a nightly build, things ran perfectly. According to System info this is also PRE-11

So my ATV2 runs the stable build 10.0-9
My Mac runs the nightly build (xbmc-20110721)

hope this helps

btw, let me know how it goes on the 330 ION, I have the same setup, still need to configure that machine to mysql, I also have the stable build running on there.

All of the ATV2/iOS builds are "nightly" in that they are all pre-release dev builds and not actually stable release builds like 10.0 or 10.1. Even though only one of the two main builds is currently being called nightly (well, semi-nightly), they both come from the same Pre-Eden code. Semi-nightlies are just normally newer than official dev builds.

So if you have an ATV2 with XBMC and mysql then match the desktop XBMCs with nightly builds.
Thanks for clearing that up Ned, bit confusing version numbers for the IOS build, but it makes sense.
Ok, next problem, so the stable 10.1 mac/win32 release is too old for the stable apple tv release, mismatch in DB version.

So I updated mac/win32 to the latest nightly build (xbmc-20110721), now my apple tv is complaining "Can't open the database xbmc_video as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting".

So what mac/win32 build matches the stable apple tv build? I am now trying to update the ATV to the nightly version. and voila, that works.
You must use an atv2 nightly build. The latest "release" 10.0-9 has a db version of 53, I guess, and the new nightlies (on every platform) use 54.

Try the latest nightly from keith from the 18th of this month: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97246

That will work.

EmKay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Shared Database with XBMC 10.10