New to XBMC and extremely impressed
Thumbs Up 
I have just re-introduced a Media Centre PC into my lounge after a number of years absence. I found XBMC via forums and search engines. I then got a Lian PC-37 case, Core i3 2100T CPU, Win 7 etc.

And now I just want to say a very big thanks to all who have developed XBMC over the years to get it where it is now. It is so impressive and polished. I will be making a contribution today and can't wait for future versions.
Just wish I did it this a year ago!

One minor question - I am goiing to add a 2nd disk to the MC PC and move a lot of films from the 1st disk onto it. Is there a good way of doing this without have to re-scrape etc.
There is information on the wiki about exporting and importing the library.

Depending on what you are trying to preserve will decide if you want to go the single file, or individual file path.

Choose multiple files if you are not concerned about preserving watched status. This is the easiest. Just export your library before moving what you want to new drive. After the move just clean and update the library.

Choose single file if you are wanting to preserve the watched status. With this method it is going to me work. For each file you move you will need to edit this file to point that movie to new location. So it can be tedious, but should work.

Enjoy XBMC, be careful though it is addictive. I currently have one box plus an ATV2 set up with it, and considering a third. Just can't help myself.
Thanks for that - I sort of guessed it was probably the export/import option but the type of export suggestions you make has saved me time.

I will keep an eye on the addiction level!
Nice choice of case its not everyone's cup of tea but I love mine build quality from lian li is superb very good customer service to I had a faulty fan they sent me a new one even though my warranty had ended Smile
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Donation made.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC and extremely impressed0