[WINDOWS] TVDB scraper finds correct series, but doesn't seem to download info
This is the first time I have attempted adding any videos since upgrading from Dharma 10.1 to Eden 11.0 Beta 1. I have not experienced any problem such as this previously so am unsure whether this is an Eden problem, a TVDB problem, or some simple user error.

XBMC 11.0-BETA1 Git:20111222-22ad8e4 (Compiled : Dec 24... [Ran out of screen estate here]

Windows Vista 32 bit SP2 Build 6002

All movie, music and photo files are on a Synology DS411j server, and all sources are added using SMB - eg

For TV shows:
smb://DS411j/jiva/__Videos/tv_series_bluray
smb://DS411j/jiva/__Videos/tv_series_dvd

Beneath each of the top level folders each tv series has its own sub-folder, and within each of those sub-folders there are season folders eg Season 01, Season 02, etc

Within each Season nn folder there are the actual episode files named eg
s01e01 - Title of the first episode.iso
s01e02 - Title of the second episode.iso
s01e03 - Title of the third episode.iso

The problem I have is with a BBC series called Alan Bennet At The BBC. So far I have only ripped 3 episodes from my 4 DVD set - I usually only rip a single disc when first adding a series in order to ensure that all scrapes as it should before I do the rest.

The full path for each file is:
smb://DS411j/jiva/__Videos/tv_series_dvd/Alan Bennett At The BBC/ Season 01/s01e01 - A Day Out.iso
smb://DS411j/jiva/__Videos/tv_series_dvd/Alan Bennett At The BBC/ Season 01/s01e02 - Sunset Across The Bay.iso
smb://DS411j/jiva/__Videos/tv_series_dvd/Alan Bennett At The BBC/ Season 01/s01e03 - A Visit From Miss Prothero.iso

The TVDB URL is http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=254765 - The TV series name is as per my folder name, the episode numbers and names are as per my filenames.

1. I load XBMC, then go to Videos > Files

2. I left click on the source folder and, from the list of sub-folders displayed, right click on the appropriate TV series sub-folder, ie Alan Bennett At The BBC

3. I select TV show information and select Refresh from the displayed screen

4. A message appears stating that it is querying the TVDB info

5. One TV series (the correct one) is listed, ie Alan Bennett At The BBC (En)

6. I left click that TV series name and a message appears that it is loading the TV show details

The display then returns to the TV show information screen (as displayed at step 3). Nothing has been added to the displayed information - the only thing shown is the path to the TV show folder.

Looking at the list of TV series in LIbrary mode I see a new blank entry at the top of the list, ie no title. Displaying the TV show information for this confirms that the path is indeed the Alan Bennett At The BBC series but there is no info displayed. Left clicking the entry shows a blank listing where episodes would normally appear.

I have enabled debugging, and then closed XBMC, re-opened it and followed the above steps and have uploaded the logfile to Pastebin at http://pastebin.com/RQ979xmS

Hopefully this is sufficient information to enable someone to help me sort out this problem.

I have tried to add the series on a different PC (Win 7 64-bit) still running Dharma 10.1 with exactly the same results - and the blank library entry does not disappear after I select remove from library.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy
Code:
DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(002DA578) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/254765/all/en.zip
WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
ERROR: CVideoInfoDownloader::Process: Error getting details from http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/254765/all/en.zip

Looks like this is related to issues on the tvdb end of things. Check this thread in their forums for more info. I'd suggest posting over there (or just sitting tight, as they seem to be in the process of fixing it).
Many thanks. I've now posted in the TVDB forum.

Let's hope they get it sorted soon.

Jimmy
Now sorted at TVDB.com following action at their end.

Jimmy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] TVDB scraper finds correct series, but doesn't seem to download info0