• 8(current)
play Bluray iso with xbmc
So I am playing XBMC fine with TMT5 but there is one little annoyance. When leave TMT5 from playback my screen in XBMC isn't the greatest... In fact its horrible and the fonts are tough to read. The only fix is to exit xbmc and restart it or to configure the screen through xbmc again to have it re-draw. An XMBC refresh from shutdown menu doesn't resolve it. Below are two pictures, the broken and working version:

Broken:

Working:

Anyone got any thoughts?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Hi,

My playercorefactory.xml is working for everything... however I need to seperate dvd iso from blu ray 3d iso.

What I did was rename my blu ray isos so that they contain bluray3d.iso
Example: The Green Hornet.bluray3d.iso

And the rule to pick them up from playercorefactory is the following:
<rule name="br-3diso" filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray3d.*" player="PlayBlurayISO"/>

However now I need a rule for dvd isos so that another batch file can be executed instead of the same player.

Something like this:
<rule name="dvd-iso" filetypes="iso" filename="" player="PlayDVDISO"/>

Where filename does not contain bluray3d.

Any ideas how to do this rule?

Thanks
Nameless_87 Wrote:Hi,

My playercorefactory.xml is working for everything... however I need to seperate dvd iso from blu ray 3d iso.

What I did was rename my blu ray isos so that they contain bluray3d.iso
Example: The Green Hornet.bluray3d.iso

And the rule to pick them up from playercorefactory is the following:
<rule name="br-3diso" filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray3d.*" player="PlayBlurayISO"/>

However now I need a rule for dvd isos so that another batch file can be executed instead of the same player.

Something like this:
<rule name="dvd-iso" filetypes="iso" filename="" player="PlayDVDISO"/>

Where filename does not contain bluray3d.

Any ideas how to do this rule?

Thanks

Can't you just add that rule past the first rule?

..... filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray3d.* player="your instructions"
......filetypes="iso" player="second instructions"

Wouldn't the second line become a catch all for everything that wasn't a bluray 3d? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding how the rules work.
clubwerks Wrote:Can't you just add that rule past the first rule?

..... filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray3d.* player="your instructions"
......filetypes="iso" player="second instructions"

Wouldn't the second line become a catch all for everything that wasn't a bluray 3d? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding how the rules work.

Damn, I totally missed that Shocked

Thanks man Big Grin
Again, I have no idea if that would actually work, just throwing it out there trying to help. Big Grin
Just tried it out and it worked perfectly!

Thanks
Yay! Glad I could help. Big Grin
Hi everyone!

Sorry for my non native English.I am Italian.

I have some trouble using PowerDVD 11 as exernal player.

My configuration is:
- Windows7 (64bit)
- XBMC PRE 11.0
- PowerDVD11
- VirtualClone Drive 5.4.5.0
I renamed my bluray iso file "name.BD.iso"

If I click in XBMC on this file the powerdDVD doesn't start in foregrounf and XBMC works not properly. If I check in the Windows
Task Manager, I can see the the PowerDVD11 running but I cannot see it. If I close the process (PowerDVD11) the XBMC wrok properly and the ISO file is unmounted.
The problems seems that PowerdDVD11 dowsn't start in foreground.
Is there some guy that kindly can help me to resolve the problem?

Thank you for your attention.

This is my playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\PlayIso.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*BD.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and this is my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe</filename>
<args>-fs</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

The batch file is:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "%1"
choice /T 5 /D y > nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" "E:\BDMV\index.object"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
Hi Getafix, and everyone else.

Thank you so much for this awesome guide. I didn't even know MPC-HC could play blu-ray iso's! This is great news to me as I've been forced to ise PowerDVd as my external player for months now. And although it does do a fine job of playing my content, I always find myself having to do little tweaks to it as it begins to play, and getting my Harmony One remote to carry out commands in PDVD is a pain. Plus, I think MPC-HC just plain looks better. So, thank you!

I do have a couple questions, tho:

1) I need all my content to be played with a 24hz refresh rate on my TV. I've been using AutoFrequency thus far and it's worked wonderfully. I simply have my Playercore play AutoFrequency instead of PowerDVD as AutoFrequency itself contains the command to launch whatever player I desire. BUT, I have no idea how to get AutoFrequency to play a bluray index file. Any idea how I could accomplish this?

2) i'm wondering if there is a way to code your procedure to allow for spaces in title names. I have about a thousand movies and I'm really not looking forward
to changing all those titles. Plus, I don't think XBMC will recognize the titles if they contain underscores. Any ideas on this front? Anyone?

Thanks very much.
@nicky22: delete the advancedsettings.xml. You should use either playercorefactory.xml or advancedsettings.xml but not both. It's better to use playercorefactory.xml as it has more features.

Also go into System settings, System, Video output and disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen".

JR
nicky22 Wrote:Hi everyone!

Sorry for my non native English.I am Italian.

I have some trouble using PowerDVD 11 as exernal player.

My configuration is:
- Windows7 (64bit)
- XBMC PRE 11.0
- PowerDVD11
- VirtualClone Drive 5.4.5.0
I renamed my bluray iso file "name.BD.iso"

If I click in XBMC on this file the powerdDVD doesn't start in foregrounf and XBMC works not properly. If I check in the Windows
Task Manager, I can see the the PowerDVD11 running but I cannot see it. If I close the process (PowerDVD11) the XBMC wrok properly and the ISO file is unmounted.
The problems seems that PowerdDVD11 dowsn't start in foreground.
Is there some guy that kindly can help me to resolve the problem?

Thank you for your attention.

This is my playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\PlayIso.bat</filename>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*BD.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and this is my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe</filename>
<args>-fs</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

The batch file is:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "%1"
choice /T 5 /D y > nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" "E:\BDMV\index.object"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Same problem...
ptaylor999 Wrote:Hi Getafix, and everyone else.

Thank you so much for this awesome guide. I didn't even know MPC-HC could play blu-ray iso's! This is great news to me as I've been forced to ise PowerDVd as my external player for months now. And although it does do a fine job of playing my content, I always find myself having to do little tweaks to it as it begins to play, and getting my Harmony One remote to carry out commands in PDVD is a pain. Plus, I think MPC-HC just plain looks better. So, thank you!

I do have a couple questions, tho:

1) I need all my content to be played with a 24hz refresh rate on my TV. I've been using AutoFrequency thus far and it's worked wonderfully. I simply have my Playercore play AutoFrequency instead of PowerDVD as AutoFrequency itself contains the command to launch whatever player I desire. BUT, I have no idea how to get AutoFrequency to play a bluray index file. Any idea how I could accomplish this?

2) i'm wondering if there is a way to code your procedure to allow for spaces in title names. I have about a thousand movies and I'm really not looking forward
to changing all those titles. Plus, I don't think XBMC will recognize the titles if they contain underscores. Any ideas on this front? Anyone?

Thanks very much.

1) You can have MPC HC autochange the refresh rate or use madVR as your renderer and have it change the refresh rate. You don't need to use a third program.

2) Why do you need to change the filenames?
clubwerks Wrote:1) You can have MPC HC autochange the refresh rate or use madVR as your renderer and have it change the refresh rate. You don't need to use a third program.

2) Why do you need to change the filenames?

Hi clubwerks. You've helped me before with another issue. So, thanks again!

1) I didn't know that mpc-hc could switch refresh rates. I'll give it a try. does it work well?

2) As per getafix's guide and instructions, the playercorefactory code couldn't handle spaces. I'm not much of a coder myself so I thought I would ask if there was a way around this. I'm now thinking that properly placed quotes would work?
Ho to all!

I am a newbie in this forum and first I apologize my "Germish" Wink

I think "ptaylor999" is right when he said, that the <args> argument in the playercorefactory.xml has problems with spaces in filenames.
I tested several possibilities for the <args> in playercorefactory.xml and the result was always the same. The filename
which was commited to the variable %1 in the batch-file for mounting the iso-file with Virtual Clone CD, was cutted before the first space appears.

Is this a bug in XBMC or there are other possibilities?
Here are my tests and the results (The path and the original filename is: d:\films\the good and the ugly.iso). The quotation marks in the %1 string
appeared in the way I wrote it down.

Test 1:
playercorefactory.xml <args> recommended

Result of the variable %1 = " "d:\films\the

Test 2:
playercorefactory.xml
<args>{"1"} /fullscreen /close</args>

Result of the variable %1 = " {"1"} /fullscreen /close "d:\films\the

Test 3:
playercorefactory.xml
<args>"{"1"}" /fullscreen /close</args>

Result of the variable %1 = " "{"1"}" /fullscreen /close ""d:\films\the

Always the same, before the first space come the filename was cut off.

Regards,
Krischan
Sorry if I missed an answer to this problem along the way. I just started using XBMC . Tried loading bluray iso's and mkv from library and i get black screen with Scene bar at the bottom, but perfect sound. If i right click on the screen the picture loads for a second and if I click the x in the top right hand corner a file menu pops up and also a playing now icon and the movie is playing full screen in the background, picture and all. This also happens if I click I click the homw icon. The main menu will pop up with the movie playing in the background... Any ideas anybody. Sorry if this has been covered before .

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play Bluray iso with xbmc0