increase the size of the memory APTv2
Hello I installed XBMC on my APTV2 without any problems. But in system information I see that I only have 247 MB how to increase this size, because it decreases quickly?
ATV2 only has 8GB total for OS, XBMC, etc. While you certainly can load movies and tv shows directly on it, it works best as a network player. You can get a NAS HDD, a router with a USB port and a USB HDD, or share an HDD on a desktop/laptop.
rvkouest Wrote:Hello I installed XBMC on my APTV2 without any problems. But in system information I see that I only have 247 MB how to increase this size, because it decreases quickly?

sell atv2, buy iPad2.
thank you for your reponce I thought I should explain why I wanted to increase the size of the memory. In fact it's just for storage of fanart and description. it is clear that I have a NAS
rvkouest Wrote:thank you for your reponce I thought I should explain why I wanted to increase the size of the memory. In fact it's just for storage of fanart and description. it is clear that I have a NAS

Ah, I see. In that case you can also store thumbnails (and probably fanart too) over the server as well. See:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=837103&postcount=2
Is that what it does by default, because everytime I go into tv shows etc each and every thumbnail has to reload and its painfully slow.
garyi Wrote:Is that what it does by default, because everytime I go into tv shows etc each and every thumbnail has to reload and its painfully slow.

That's just some bug in the latest nightlies that's making thumb loading go slow. Normally loading thumbs remotely isn't this slow.
Hey Ned,
I set mine this way months ago, and I see on your link that you edited it on July 12, and the reason was "better version". I compared your "advancedsettings.xml" to mine and the only difference was the following:

Mine---- <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>

Yours----<from>special://Thumbnails/</from>

Is this the better version? Just wondering , as my thumb's and fan art load a little slow. Thanks!
sah602 Wrote:Hey Ned,
I set mine this way months ago, and I see on your link that you edited it on July 12, and the reason was "better version". I compared your "advancedsettings.xml" to mine and the only difference was the following:

Mine---- <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>

Yours----<from>special://Thumbnails/</from>

Is this the better version? Just wondering , as my thumb's and fan art load a little slow. Thanks!

It probably doesn't make a difference in this case, but you can try removing masterprofile and see if it makes a difference. It could be looking in an additional location, not finding it, and then looking at a fallback location. That could explain some kind of lag. I don't know the inner workings of profiles, so I don't really know if this happens.

You would only need to specify masterprofile if you are using multiple profiles/log-ins for XBMC.
Thanks Ned. Will give it a go!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
increase the size of the memory APTv20