URC remote to control atv2
I have a URC mx-810 that is a universal remote. I have put the codes on there for the atv2 thru the software and it picked it up right away. The thing is that its only the default buttons. I have tons of other buttons on the remote that I can use if needed.

I was wondering how to do this? do I just make a custom keymap like below?

I will add this to /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
<button id="3">StepBack</button>
<button id="4">StepForward</button>
<button id="5">OSD</button> (for you then: <button id="5">Info</button>)
<button id="6">Stop</button>
<button id="7">AudioNextLanguage</button>
<button id="8">SmallStepBack</button>
<button id="9">Rewind</button>
<button id="10">FastForward</button>
<button id="11">FastForward</button>
<button id="12">Pause</button>
<button id="13"></button>
</joystick>
</FullscreenVideo>

I read to get the ID button.. ids of connected joysticks appear in xbmc.log when they are pressed. Use log to map custom buttons to actions.

Do let me see if I get this..
I get my URC remote out.. start xbmc. press a button on URC remote (remember all the buttons in order that I pressed) and then open up log. That way I see which ID # it is.. then I just map it with an action from Keymap,xml actions here.

thats it?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
any help on this?
Have you figured this out YET
well I read in the FAQ and it says
Quote:no support for third party remotes. Will be coming in future releases (see this thread). Update: there is some support for Logitech Harmony remotes - please see FAQ (below)

so Im confused.. Can i map custom ID to my URC remote? This stuff just really confuses me on the remote side of things.
rflores2323 Wrote:well I read in the FAQ and it says

so Im confused.. Can i map custom ID to my URC remote? This stuff just really confuses me on the remote side of things.

Right now no, not unless you want to trail blaze here. Support is planned, but there's a lot of things planned and a lot to do, so it takes time.

I don't know too much of the details, like they got Harmony remotes to work, but I do know that if you want a feature faster then the only way to do it is learn what's going on and try to help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
URC remote to control atv20