Updating ios or not ?
Hi all,

As a long time XBMC and even XBMP user before that on the original xbox I have finally installed XBMC on my ATV2. The program is great on the little bugger and it has almost replaced my Revo which has been great since I got it.

My question is :

Are there any real benefits for XBMC if I update iOS ? my ATV2 is still running what it came with out of the box and I don´t use any of the features in FrontRow but I was wondering if XBMC used something in iOS that came with later updates.

Could not find an answer with search so here I am.

Thanks in advance.
No, XBMC doesn't really benefit from an iOS update.

BUT: Some users had problems with the latests builds and ac3 and dts sound over digital out. This was solved by a new setting only available in the newest iOS, to set the digital sound output to 16 bit.

So, if you don't have that issue with the new builds and you don't need any of those fancy new things in the new firmware there is no real reason to update.

EmKay
Thanks for the prompt reply emkay.

No need in updating, everything has been working really well with my setup.

The only thing that bugs me a bit is how slow the scraping is. But that could be because of number of things to that´s something that I will just live with.

Thanks again.
I'm also on an outdated iOS (iOS 4.2.1) and I'm still on XBMC version 10.0-7. I have wondered (like you) whether there was any major benefit to upgrading iOS. Thanks for asking, and thanks emkay for answering. I guess I will wait until there is a pressing need to change. For now, I will continue to sail. 8)
Best way to be sure if an iOS upgrade would buy you anything is to check the list of features for any that you want/need:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...pple_TV_2G

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating ios or not ?0