HTPC Build - Hitting the homestretch
With the help of a few members here, finally buttoning up what I hope will be the final HTPC for a while.

CASE - Silverstone ML03B
PSU - Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D
MB - ASUS M4A88T-M LE
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz 95W
MEM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
SSD - OCZ Vertex 2 60G
HD - 500G Fujitsu 2.5"
BR-RW - LG WH10LS30
VID - ASUS ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) GeForce GT 430
CAP - Hauupauge WinTV-HVR-2250
KEY/MOUSE - Lenovo 57Y6336 Black USB RF Wireless Mini Multimedia Remote with keyboard
REMOTE - Harmony One

The build was probably the most problematic for me in a while. Ended up RMAing the origianl memory (Patriot Gamer 2 Series) and the original motherboard (Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2). It was probably the motherboard and not the memory, but I couldn't tell. Shortly after resolving those problems, the OCZ SSD drive failed and it's been a month waiting on them to get me a replacement.

It is pretty much overpowered, however this PC will not only be the main HTPC (so it will probably be running heavier skins, etc), my intention is also to use it for ripping movies, part of a video render farm, and also being the TV server for the rest of the house. I'm currently running 2 dual tuner HD Homeruns and the internal HVR-2250. The spinner may be coming out, I haven't decided if I need the drive space just yet, that was the old boot drive while the SSD was in for repairs.

It's currently running Windows 7 x64, XBMC 10.1 (Aeon MQ2), and Team Mediaportal TV Server.

Couple of pics (I'm sure you've seen it all before):
Thanks for posting pics, I got mine all together and remembered people asked me for pictures, DOH!
I would suggest some silent 80mm fans to pull some hot air out. These pic's are great for showing there is truly room for them. I read conflicting reports on that case.
Well DoneBig Grin
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:..........These pic's are great for showing there is truly room for them. I read conflicting reports on that case.
Well DoneBig Grin

Silverstone state very clearly that four 80mm fans can be installed so anyone saying otherwise is misleading you. But four fans will make some noise so I use just one to help clear the hot air.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
There is a surprising amount of room in that case, but really takes some cable management skills. The 2.5" drive in the picture can be removed along with the bracket that would provide for oodles more room.

Got an order in place for a couple of fans...

Tonight I'll see about getting a pic of her at home, along with a video if possible of her in action... Interface is really snappy, but that should be expected with the SSD and the quad core.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Build - Hitting the homestretch0