XBMC Not Scraping MKV Movies Properly?
First of all, I've got a small-medium sized movie library, ~ 200 items.

It's a mixed bunch of movies, some are DVD format, some are MKV, some are M4V, some are AVI, lots of different movies and formats.

My files/folders are arranged as so:

\\MEDIASERVER\Movies\2 Fast 2 Furious\2 Fast 2 Furious (2003).mkv

\\MEDIASERVER\Movies2\Borat\VIDEO_TS

\\MEDIASERVER\Kid Movies\Nancy Drew (2007)\Nancy Drew.avi

As you can see, they vary widely. Each movie is separated into its own folder, than the contents are placed inside that. Some movies have only a single MKV, M4V or AVI file inside the folder.

Some are the DVD or BDMV format.

For whatever reason, any of the DVD or BDMV I have stored in their native format, works perfectly fine. They all have cover art and all of their various details. The "single file" movies do not get cover art/fan art pulled for them, they have other details. (Plot, Resolution, Sound Track, etc) but no cover art, just a smushed thumbnail of the movie.

Why? My TV Shows are all mixed MKVs and AVIs and they work perfectly. (Probably the best I've ever seen)

How come the DVDs/BDMVs work? Also, it seems like some items are not showing up in my library when I add the folders? Where can I look to see if it is having some sort of problem that needs to be addressed?

As far as the rest of the details go:
PC : Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 / Radeon HD 5570 / 4GB Memory / Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit / XBMC 10.1 Git:e9e9099 (Compiled Mar 8 2011).

The HTPC is connected to my home theater using HDMI and controlled by a Windows MCE Remote, everything else seems to work perfectly. Just about 2/3 of my movies do not have cover art or fan art.

The movies are stored on a Windows 7 PC that acts as my "mediaserver", XBMC accesses all of the movies using SMB. There are three different movie shares, movies, movies2 and kid movies. Movies and Movies2 are not organized in any specific way, they're just two folders on two different drives. Kid movies has specific sorted "kid" movies in it. It also has a combination of DVD and MKV/AVI files.

Hopefully someone can offer some assistance, I'm greatly enjoying XBMC so far and would like to use it to its fullest extent.
debug log please
Debug Logs, there were 2. One was named ".old"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13248622/xbmc.old.log

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13248622/xbmc.log
Is there a limitation on having different types of movie configurations inside the same folders? Does XBMC get confused having to scrape the different configurations? IE: If I put all of my single file movies in one folder, and all of the folder based movies in another would that clear up the confusion?

Do we know if it is still going to cause it to go crazy if I try and add both the different configurations as sources to my movie library?

Manually moving around 200 movies doesn't sound like anything too fun just for testing, nor does re-encoding all of the folder based movies down to single MKV files.

Hopefully someone else has some additional advise or has ran into this problem before?
Review the following:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104516
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104997

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
SoBBie
So it for sure seems like the problem, or limitation comes when mixing folders and files in the same structure.

All of my DVDs are in the exploded folder structure (VIDEO_TS\) rather than an ISO. This is because I was using Media Browser before and it didn't support ISO out of the box, so there was not really any reason to have them in ISO format.

I did a spot test with two MKV movies in a test folder, and made that the entire library, they were two single files in a single folder.

It worked like it should, grabbed the cover art and fan art. I will likely have to do some more testing on if it will work with separate folders, etc.

Quote:root/Movies/movie.1080p.mkv
root/Movies/movie2.avi
root/TV Shows/tvshows/season 01/tvshow - S01E01 - ep.title.mkv
root/DVD_ISOs/movies.iso
root/Kids/DVD/kidsmovie.iso
root/Kids/kids.1080p.mkv
root/Kids/kids2.avi

In your folder structure sobbie, it doesn't look like you use the VIDEO_TS folders, I think those are what's mucking up the works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Not Scraping MKV Movies Properly?0